National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I had not seen that video, very interesting. The bore in mine is pretty well shot as the old 'black powder' used in ammo back then really ate the metal. And this gun had not been cleaned in many years. A neighbor gave it to me, didn't want it.

Discussion starter · #24 · (Edited)
I had not seen that video, very interesting. The bore in mine is pretty well shot as the old 'black powder' used in ammo back then really ate the metal. And this gun had not been cleaned in many years. A neighbor gave it to me, didn't want it.
It is still a good looking piece of firearms history (I really like the looks of the scrolled trigger guard / grip and crescent shaped butt) even if it is a wall hanger. Thank you for sharing!

Have no clue how to post pictures but i have a combination gun/garden from years gone by.
Very small, side by side, 22 rimfire- 9mm rimfire shotgun
About the size of a Chipmunk gun.
Rabbit ears and in very good shape. Might be German made.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Have no clue how to post pictures but i have a combination gun/garden from years gone by.
Very small, side by side, 22 rimfire- 9mm rimfire shotgun
About the size of a Chipmunk gun.
Rabbit ears and in very good shape. Might be German made.
https://www.nationalgunforum.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

the above Link is to the Forum FAQ page on how to post images.

I would really like to see pictures of this if you can post them. I had never heard of such a firearm before. What I've read about 9mm rimfire shotguns since you posted has intrigued me. Might be something for the wife to carry when she is out in the barn to use on mice.

Will See what I can do. If I can figure it out I might share some really nice boat anchor pictures.
They are rare due to the fact that many were left in the garden tool shed for quick access. Forgotten to time and rust.

Just off the top of my head. I have a Model 1894 Swedish Mauser carbine marked 1894. I may have older functioning firearms in my collection but I'm not going to go check. I do not post pictures of my firearms but it looks like this.

Reactions: Coalcracker
Discussion starter · #29 ·
Just off the top of my head. I have a Model 1894 Swedish Mauser carbine marked 1894. I may have older functioning firearms in my collection but I'm not going to go check. I do not post pictures of my firearms but it looks like this.

Your receiver is marked 1894? That is interesting. The picture you posted is of a m94-14. I actually like the look of the pre-1914 such as yours better. To me it looks more elegant without the bayonet lug. Thank you for posting, I am sure your carbine is very nice.

My oldest functional gun that I shoot routinely is a Colt 1908 Hammerless .25 Vest Pocket from 1915.

My second oldest functional gun that I shoot routinely is a 5 1/2" Colt Single Action Army .44-40 from 1919.

I have older guns that I don't shoot.

My oldest firearm is not that old but it is rare. It is one of the first 5000 Beretta model 92's when they initally came out back in 1975 with the unique "step slide" that was quickly dropped from the design. You would think my Beretta model 1951 was older but it was produced in 1978. After that would be my 1987 CZ-75 in mint condition.

If he had them with him at the battle they probably ended up with one of the victors. I'd imagine if they ever resurfaced and were verifiable they would be pretty valuable at auction.

Hope things are well for you in Almost Heaven. I lived for a few years in Summers County about 11 miles west of Hinton.
Seen this??? Showed up 10/14 on a FB Webley site!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.