National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At 91 years, this 1929 Ishevsk M91/30 Ex-Dragoon is my latest acquisition. 1929 has some interesting history and I get a kick out of having a functioning piece from that year.

Mosin Snip.jpg Mosin Snip 2.jpg Mosin Snip 3.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Interesting. Are you able to get ammunition for it or reload? Custer supposedly had a pair of .442 Webleys with him at his demise.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have Krags from 1896 and 1898, a Swede from 1898, and a Marlin from 1906. All in regular use.

·
Aim true !
10,735 Posts
I have a Stevens crack shot from 1913. It still shoots fine. Next would be my 16 gauge single shot gun 1918. Then my Ithaca featherlight 16 gauge. 1938. I have some others from the 40's and 50's. I don't have a pic of the crack shot anymore.
DSCF8103.JPG
DSCF8112.JPG

Reactions: Some_Mook

·
Registered
13,553 Posts
Here are my 3 oldest .577 snider, .577/450 Martini Henry which i load for and shoot both. Also a Lewis and Thomes percussion shotgun(top gun 2nd pic). Not sure of the age and i haven't shot it yet. when i got it i disassembled it. cleaned it and it's fully functional. I have all the stuff to fire it but just haven't got around to it yet.
20200407_151342[1].jpg

20200407_151314[1].jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Stevens crack shot from 1913. It still shoots fine. Next would be my 16 gauge single shot gun 1918. Then my Ithaca featherlight 16 gauge. 1938. I have some others from the 40's and 50's. I don't have a pic of the crack shot anymore.
View attachment 112638
View attachment 112640
:thumbsup: I've always desired to have a 16ga. Those both look nice! (or should I say 'sweet' :lol: )

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are my 3 oldest .577 snider, .577/450 Martini Henry which i load for and shoot both. Also a Lewis and Thomes percussion shotgun(top gun 2nd pic). Not sure of the age and i haven't shot it yet. when i got it i disassembled it. cleaned it and it's fully functional. I have all the stuff to fire it but just haven't got around to it yet.
Nice! Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Belgian copy of a RIC in 442 Webley MAY be the oldest, but it can only be documented as "pre 1893" from the proofmarks.
Just made some ammo for it and shot it---interesting process.

Oldest that I can absolutely date is a Winchester model 1873 rifle. Serial number puts it in 1879. Another black powder
gun, but components are much more readily available than for the 442 Webley.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,354 Posts
I dont have a pic but I have a Whitney Arms 20ga rolling block shotgun that's from the very late 1800's. I inherited it when my dad passed. I didn't even know he had it.
I am not brave enough to shoot it but looking at it, it appears that it would shoot just fine. Everything works and its been test fired with a snap cap and functions as it should.

·
Registered
379 Posts
My oldest gun is an H&R Hammerless 410 manufactured in 1911. 109 years old and still functions flawlessly.

20191207_200059.jpg

·
Aim true !
10,735 Posts
I'll add in my Mosin Nagant.
DSCF8282.JPG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Interesting. Are you able to get ammunition for it or reload? Custer supposedly had a pair of .442 Webleys with him at his demise.
Custom reloads from CCC; Colorado Cartridge Co. They use cutdown 44 spl brass and of course BP.
The Custer legend always pops up when Discussing RICs. His were must likely the No.1 Model , a few yrs later than the one here.
A few yrs ago Guns&Ammo (I believe) did an article and had a pic of him at home and what was vaguely identifiable as a RIC in a holster hanging in the background.
It's TRUE some Earl/Baron presented George and his brother w/a brace but a mystery as to why his has never reappeared!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Custom reloads from CCC; Colorado Cartridge Co. They use cutdown 44 spl brass and of course BP.
The Custer legend always pops up when Discussing RICs. His were must likely the No.1 Model , a few yrs later than the one here.
A few yrs ago Guns&Ammo (I believe) did an article and had a pic of him at home and what was vaguely identifiable as a RIC in a holster hanging in the background.
It's TRUE some Earl/Baron presented George and his brother w/a brace but a mystery as to why his has never reappeared!!
If he had them with him at the battle they probably ended up with one of the victors. I'd imagine if they ever resurfaced and were verifiable they would be pretty valuable at auction.

Hope things are well for you in Almost Heaven. I lived for a few years in Summers County about 11 miles west of Hinton.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 44 Posts