National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I just registered on this forum because I'm planning to buy Zoraki 918 blank gun.
I live in urban area and i want to get that gun,but i want to keep it as ''quiet'' as possible.
Do you guys know is there a silencer that would fit this gun and where can i buy it.
I live in Croatia,so shipping to Europe is required.

Also,is recoil from blank gun much more powerful then,Co2 Air gun or are they same?

Every comment is welcome

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
Reading posts like this makes me pause and reflect on my great good fortune of being born in the USA and on top of that Texas where the ceiling on my aspirations of gun ownership is not a silenced blank gun.

Alan

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Live Free
3,244 Posts
A silenced blank gun...:crazy:
It does not appear that the Zoraki 918 has a the necessary threaded muzzle to accommodate a silencer.
Recoil? No projectile pretty much means no recoil...just flash/bang. Maybe you should just look for a replica...they are pretty quiet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah guys,i know it sounds stupid but i live in urban area,and i would like to have something to shoot indoors.
I already have M9 airsoft replica,but face it-it's a toy.
I want something with ''real'' 9mm ammo,and gunpowder,even if it won't shoot projectiles.
Anyway,i just called local gun shop and asked do they have it in shop,and seller told me they have ''Voltran - Ekol - Jackal Dual 9mm Black'' which is ''Top Fire''.
Is there anything i can do to silence that kind of gun?
PS
''Top fire'' means that nothing will come from barrel,only fire from slide,right?
It's seems i can't find any video on youtube that show Top Fire in action-do you know why?
And again,I'm sorry i know these questions are dumb,but I'm total beginner.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Ok forgive me for asking. Whats the point of shooting a gun if there is no projectile? Throw a firecracker in your wifes soup pot for the same effect, a loud noise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's fun to shoot,at least for me.:wink:
Where i live it's pretty hard to get license for real gun.
This is great replacement,for me anyway.

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
We had a cab driver awhile back that was thinking a bb pistol would scare bad guys away. I hope this is not your plans with a blank gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We had a cab driver awhile back that was thinking a bb pistol would scare bad guys away. I hope this is not your plans with a blank gun.
Nah,I'm not planning to scare anyone,just shoot it for fun.

EDIT:I suppose there isn't something that will turn noise a bit down,right?
Silencer wouldn't work because it's ''Top Fire''-is there anything i can do to make it quieter?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,575 Posts
I'd say the answer to your question is, "No". See what I've underlined and bolded below. Although, recoil should be practically nonexistent.

Type: Blank Guns
Manufacturer: Zoraki
Model: M918
Materials: Metal and polymer
Weight: 1.9 pounds (861 g)
Length: 8.6 inches (218 mm)
Power Source: Gun powder
Action: Semi-automatic
Ammo Type: 9mm PAK blanks
Ammo Capacity: 18 rounds

Pros:

• High-capacity 18-round magazine
  • Realistic replica of the Beretta 92 pistol
  • Excellent workmanship is highlighted by a black and chrome two-tone finish
  • Front firing vent adds to the realistic shooting experience
  • Operates with all the realism of a live firearm, without the deadly force
Cons:

• No option for full-auto mode
  • 9mm PAK ammo is expensive
  • Cannot be modified to fire real bullets
Comments: The Zoraki M918 Front Firing Blank Gun is an impressive replica of the Beretta 92. Pulling the trigger unleashes an extremely loud noise, along with smoke and flames. This realistic shooting performance is complemented by quality workmanship and a two-tone chrome finish. The M918 makes a great training pistol, movie prop, or collector's item. This complete set includes 25 rounds of 9mmPA blanks, a black ambidextrous belt holster, cleaning rod, and a hard shell case.

https://www.replicaairguns.us/zoraki-m918-chrome-blank-gun-set-holster-9mm-ammo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Popeye,thanks for info.
It looks like i need license for Zoraki 918,however there is no license for ''top fire'' guns.
I'm considering this one:
It's EKOL Jackal Dual 9mm P.A.K. blank gun
I will google it and try to find out is this model a bit quieter then Zoraki,although they are all pretty much same.

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
Full auto blank gun. :25:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,575 Posts
The compressed air or gas that exits the muzzle causes a blast in the same way gunpowder does – by compressing the ambient air into a blast wave. Firearms differ in the loudness of their reports proportional to their power and the length of their barrel. A short barrel makes more noise than a long barrel, given the same conditions at firing (same cartridge, same loading, etc.). So it is with airguns.

You want a spring powered 'firearm' if quiet is your goal.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
AZHerper
4,105 Posts
I guess that I should mention that even though there is no projectile, blank guns do recoil. In calculating recoil, a lot of programs use half the weight of the powder charge at the muzzle velocity of the cartridge. I have written some ballistic programs myself and, based upon published data, I used half the weight of the powder charge at 4,000 feet per second. Comparing the results of my programs with other published programs for many cartridges it worked out very well. In any event, blank cartridge guns do recoil. If they happen to be top firing, then they will "kick" down.

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
I would think one can reload there own blanks? The price is awful high for a non complete round.

·
Super Moderator
14,524 Posts
This thread is like an Onion article. Get one of those video game thingys and shoot at the TV screen. NO recoil and you can mute the volume if you want.

Alan

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
This thread is like an Onion article. Get one of those video game thingys and shoot at the TV screen. NO recoil and you can mute the volume if you want.

Alan

I know i don't get it either. He wants a gun that doesn't shoot a projectile but wants to simulate shooting. Wants to do it indoors in a urban area so he wants it quiet and is concerned about recoil. hell those are the only 3 things a gun does,, shoots something, is loud and has recoil. What else is there? It's like wanting to experience driving a car with no wheels, no motor or steering wheel....

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
^^^ Air guns are a great alternative when you can't have guns, I had a Dan Wesson BB revolver Co2 powered and the feel(except for the grip) was about the same as my Ruger GP100 357 magnum awesome fun to shoot and the BB's were pitting a 1/8 thick steel plate. They sell those with rifled barrels and pellets now

Here's a link don't know about shipping though but I'm sure if you look hard someone must ship the gun you want where you are

https://www.pyramydair.com/a/Pellet_Guns/1118/calibers_0_22/calibers_0_177/cat_1119

1 - 19 of 19 Posts