National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I recently zero’d a couple red dots I noticed that I could shoot them great, but others couldn’t shoot them as well. What I determined was one of us was pulling, one of us was anticipating, and the other was not doing either. So depending on who set the red dot up, they were the only one that could shoot it well.

This leads me to two questions. (1) if you don’t know you are pulling how can you set up a red dot to be at zero? And (2) does it really matter if it’s your dot and you are the only one shooting?

I’m not aware of a way to set up a red dot with graphs in a room and not shoot the gun. That would get true zero. Anyone know of a better way than trusting grouping? Changing ammo, shooters, etc changes everything.

· Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i zero a gun in scope or red dot or irons. I always shoot off the bench with the gun on a rest. On a side note. I tried using a tubular R.D on my beretta noes. It was off in 15 mins lol.
It helps, but even with a brace I notice the gun can move when the trigger is pulled because that’s fine for up and down, but I’d need a vice to get the left and right solid and guaranteed.

· Registered
173 Posts
I tend to use a lead sled to zero anything.

After I zero my weapon anyone I allow to shoot it has also been able to shoot properly.

I use Trijicon RMR and Primary Arms Advanced Microdot, and people haven’t had any issues.

However there were a couple of people who tried my Trijicon RMR Glock 19 Gen 4 who couldn’t hit at 25 yards. I said, “Let me make sure the zero still holds.”

I fire off five hits and go, “yeah, it just takes practice. The gun is zeroed.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Super Moderator
16,604 Posts
You sight your rifle /pistol/bow/etc in for you.

Any time you change anything the point of impact is likely going to change as well.

There is no "one size fits all"

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.