National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mounted it on my Axis .223. I love it. Thank you Iowa shooter. Something im noticing with the better scopes. They help the rifle group better. Saw it with my 17HMR with the Burris on it. Now with the .223. I did a group test with the UTG before i took it off. Both checks were at 100 yards. The 100 yard one with the Sight mark was as i was bringing it in. Load was 9.5 grains of green dot with 55 grain Magtech bullets. After i was done with the zero had fun with the steel out to 300 yards.
First pic is with the UTG scope.
Wood Cross Tints and shades Beige Font

And with the Sight mark.
Rectangle Textile Font Line Wall

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Mounted it on my Axis .223. I love it. Thank you Iowa shooter. Something im noticing with the better scopes. They help the rifle group better. Saw it with my 17HMR with the Burris on it. Now with the .223. I did a group test with the UTG before i took it off. Both checks were at 100 yards. The 100 yard one with the Sight mark was as i was bringing it in. Load was 9.5 grains of green dot with 55 grain Magtech bullets. After i was done with the zero had fun with the steel out to 300 yards.
First pic is with the UTG scope.
View attachment 128659

And with the Sight mark.
View attachment 128660
Nice shooting!

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im trying to decide now on a decent scope. For one of my older 22 rifles. The ones from back in the day when they put 24 inch barrels on them.

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree it does look good. Nice deal too thanks. Doug has always been fast to get stuff out too.

·
Genius in Training
540 Posts
9.5gr of powder in your 223 loading? Maybe Green Dot is more energetic than what I use but if I remember right my 223 load uses 12.6gr.

·
Aim true !
12,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I run 9 gr red dot ,9.5 of the green ,10 blue dot 15 of 2400 and 24 of varget. I did see some powders listed that run in the 12's. 5227 or something like that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts