National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would prefer NOT to carry this way because it gives you the risk of getting a broken back. This is of course if you are eye to eye with the bad guy or enemy....

Your take?

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Very uncomfortable for me. I prefer IWB at 3 o'clock with a small auto.

G

·
0 Posts
This is the worse place to carry.... not only is it uncomfortable it is the farthest from my trigger finger IWB HOLSTER ONLY is the only way to go.... those seconds of getting your finger on that trigger may save your life...

I agree with 220combat

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I don't like the idea of sweeping yourself with it as you bring the pistol into play. I know your not going to do that when your practising, but in the heat of the moment you could shoot yourself real easy like. I'll leave that one for the Pro's. :yikes1:

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
This is the worse place to carry.... not only is it uncomfortable it is the farthest from my trigger finger IWB HOLSTER ONLY is the only way to go.... those seconds of getting your finger on that trigger may save your life...

I agree with 220combat
I see were in agreement on a few topics here today.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
My wife is fairly small. 5'4" 120 pounds. She wears jackets a lot at work, so she likes the SOB holsters. It gives her more area to hide the pistol (a Browning BDM is her carry piece). I prefer carrying on my hip, just slightly back by my kidney, guess that would be about a 4:30 position. The 1911 folds down real nice in that position for me.

T

·
0 Posts
i use sob carry when hunting with bow or any hunting that i'm carrying alot of gear.doesnt bump into anything and yet still acessable. other than that iwb @ 4:00.

·
Ruler of Ramnation
993 Posts
I've carried SOB before. Not my favorite method, but there's a time and place for everything IMO.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I've got a Lenny Magill video on techniques for carrying the Glock 27 SOB.

He has obviously practised a LOT with it.

I have a SOB holster for my 27, as Ram Rod said there's a time and place for everything.

But it's not very comfortable driving with it.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I am with Ramrod. I have carried my Sig 232 this way but it isn't my favorite.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
I carried this way for about 7-8 years, almost daily.

Theen, while living in Dallas for about 8 months, I was walking and hit some ice and fell.

THANK GOD I was wearing my leather belt holster at the 3 o'clock position instead of IWB at 6 o'clock. I would have damaged my spine if I had.

There is and always will be threads about the danger of carry this way. Some people listen - some do not. After that day, I never carried at 6 o'clock again.

·
0 Posts
A lot of clerks who always face the customer carry SOB: convenience stores, liquor stores, my favorite FFL.
Element of surpprise- the BG assumes the gun is under the counter.

Like already said, time and place for everything. I like my .357 in a western style holster hanging on a 2" belt. Lots of stares, few wanting to get froggy. :biggrin5:

R

·
0 Posts
SOB holsters

These can be decent holsters if you wear a jacket, but don't try to wear it if you use a closed-front concealing garment like a t-shirt or sweater. You'll dislocate your shoulder and give yourself a hernia trying to get the shirt over the gun.

R

·
0 Posts
I don't like sob or iwb either one. I prefer a good owb worn strong side, FBI cant.

The worst way to carry IMHO.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I don't like sob or iwb either one. I prefer a good owb worn strong side, FBI cant.
I've posted before that I carry this way because I'm so slim that an owb tugs at my pants.

I have a Rock River retention IWB that I carry in all the time (in Virginia it is still considered open carry). As long as it's at about the 4-5 o'clock position it's ok for me.

·
Knowledge Seeker
1,400 Posts
No thanx, with my luck, I'd end up with a Bigger Bunghole :yikes1:

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I have started to carry my PF-9 SOB when I carry a bigger gun on my strong side. I only do it once in a while but the PF-9 isnt too bad back there. It still isn't my favorite but it works for a BUG.

I think I might avoid it when the weather gets slippery though.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have an uncle mikes clip holster, i have had this forever and it is very versatile. This holster holds my 340 pd s&w 357mag real well.

I can shove it IWB or clip it into my front pocket, i prefer IWB around 2 Oclock....this is a very quick draw for me.

I am always a little weary about SOB carry because of someone approaching from behind and i am not ready for it.

R

·
0 Posts
I've never tried to carry SOB. I would be to nervous to try it. It just seems like you would have little control over your rig while walking around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts