National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
14,424 Posts
Critch said:
The US military only has one dedicated ammo manufacturer, Lake City, Missouri. Becasue of the war, they have had to contract out to the other manufacturers and that puts a strain on the system. Couple this with rising metal prices and you see part of the problem.

Now the oddly good news. If and when we start turning the war down a notch or two, we should see tons of excess ammo hitting the streets...I can only hope...

Folks, learn to reload....and buy cheap ammo when available.
True about LC, but there have been contracts with Winchester (WCC headstamp) and Federal (FC headstamp) forever. Also, if you see TZZ on your 5.56mm ammo, it's from IMI (Israeli Military Industries). There are plenty of other examples, as well.

That said, now is a better time than ever to learn to reload, IF you shoot enough to make it worthwhile.

· Premium Member
14,424 Posts
See what you think of this place: http://www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php . They came through for me with reasonable prices (in a crazy market) and pretty rapid shipping (5 days from OR to NM for a 300 lb. order) when I had to fill a fairly large 8K-round order in a short period of time. I often use the local Sportsmens Warehouse, but they haven't had bulk plated bullets for most of this year. Note that they have two warehouses and the inventory varies. Let me know what you think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.