National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
I just think this whole prices going up thing is out of control. Only thing that really needs to be going up is minimum wage.

G

·
The price of commodity metals is rising throughout the world (some metals have tripled in price). Thus, it stands to reason that ammo, made primarily of metal, is increasing in price. Throw in rising fuel prices and the weight of ammo and you increase transportation costs, which also increases ammo prices. Add an ongoing war, with no real end in sight, that increases military appetite for ammo and prices go up even more. Nothing mysterious about it, it's just the market at work.

Only thing that really needs to be going up is minimum wage.
Increases in minimum wage eliminate jobs for low-skilled workers and raises cost of goods. See Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson" for a simple explanation. Existence of the minimum wage also helps drive illegal immigration.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I don't like it! :--- But it won't keep me from shooting! :-B-:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Darn all our lead is being transfered into the MTs and Hills of Iraq and Afgan!! :? :?

G

·
you people want to pay for ammo? come on up to canada. 12 ga. 3" steel shot $28.99 / box of 25. smaller gauges are proportionatley worse. 7mm rem. ultra mag. $55.00 box of 20. not too big a deal unless moose start walking around like squirrels, and you don't take an ultra mag to the range to shoot for the hell of it..30-30 win. on sale $18.99 , .30-06 $27.99, .308 win. $26.99. i don't shoot as much trap and skeet as i used to, but even reloads will run $7.00 to $9.00 / box depending on what one is reloading. but then whats cheap anymore, if shooting ever was!!!!! pblsyd

·
Registered
957 Posts
pblsyd said:
you people want to pay for ammo? come on up to Canada. 12 ga. 3" steel shot $28.99 / box of 25. smaller gauges are proportionately worse. 7mm rem. ultra mag. $55.00 box of 20. not too big a deal unless moose start walking around like squirrels, and you don't take an ultra mag to the range to shoot for the hell of it..30-30 win. on sale $18.99 , .30-06 $27.99, .308 win. $26.99. i don't shoot as much trap and skeet as i used to, but even reloads will run $7.00 to $9.00 / box depending on what one is reloading. but then whats cheap anymore, if shooting ever was!!!!! pblsyd

Are you all getting taxed outrageously?

G

·
we invented taxation. you all ready for this. $35,000.00 income/year pays 31% income tax. a 24 of beer is from $26.00 to $33.00 roughly. 66 oz. bottle of whiskey is $52.00. sales tax is 6 % federal and 8% provincial = 14%. now this is in ontario. some are better or worse depending on where your ass resides. when i say rem 7mm ultra mag is $55.00 / box, there's
14% added to that!!! a pack of 25 cigarettes is $9.25. gas is about $4.25 a gallon, but then are gallon is bigger than yours. yuk yuk.this is so we can have free medicare and the like , paid for by the gov., who loves ya baby? as usual we have a provincial election this fall,it seems we have one election a year. the liberals want to ban hand guns again!!don't get me started where the hell's the tylenol. pblsyd

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
pblsyd said:
we invented taxation. you all ready for this. $35,000.00 income/year pays 31% income tax. a 24 of beer is from $26.00 to $33.00 roughly. 66 oz. bottle of whiskey is $52.00. sales tax is 6 % federal and 8% provincial = 14%. now this is in ontario. some are better or worse depending on where your ass resides. when i say rem 7mm ultra mag is $55.00 / box, there's
14% added to that!!! a pack of 25 cigarettes is $9.25. gas is about $4.25 a gallon, but then are gallon is bigger than yours. yuk yuk.this is so we can have free medicare and the like , paid for by the gov., who loves ya baby? as usual we have a provincial election this fall,it seems we have one election a year. the liberals want to ban hand guns again!!don't get me started where the hell's the tylenol. pblsyd

Yes, its a sad state of affairs in Canada. The liberal urban dwellers are attempting to control that huge land mass of unpopulated land. It makes no sense. The laws should be made for the areas independently. If the city liberals don't want guns then take theirs away but let the people who live in the country that have to deal with cougars, bears and such make their own laws and have hand guns.

If I recall it was the same liberal trouble maker from the UK that came to Canada and Austrailia to draft the laws to remove guns from society. She has attempted the same crap through the UN in our country.

If the US gets a liberal progressive President in O8 to go with the radical liberal Congress we now have we will end up losing our gun rights and get a national registration law. Our Bill of Rights and Constitution has made if very difficult for the Radical Left to make the changes they desire. But they have made great inroads over the last 25 years in all of the larger cities of this country and through politicians that are merchants of change who think that our Bill of Rights and Constitution are living documents meant to be revised as society grows.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The US military only has one dedicated ammo manufacturer, Lake City, Missouri. Becasue of the war, they have had to contract out to the other manufacturers and that puts a strain on the system. Couple this with rising metal prices and you see part of the problem.

Now the oddly good news. If and when we start turning the war down a notch or two, we should see tons of excess ammo hitting the streets...I can only hope...

Folks, learn to reload....and buy cheap ammo when available.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Critch said:
The US military only has one dedicated ammo manufacturer, Lake City, Missouri. Becasue of the war, they have had to contract out to the other manufacturers and that puts a strain on the system. Couple this with rising metal prices and you see part of the problem.

Now the oddly good news. If and when we start turning the war down a notch or two, we should see tons of excess ammo hitting the streets...I can only hope...

Amen to the reload suggestion. Its fun and good for the soul!

G

·
ditto to everyone. we have a lot of thinking people in this beautiful country of ours. if you don't like something that is your right,but for gods sake stop ramming it down everyones throat. please stop this idiotic liberal simplistic approach to eveything.pblsyd

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Critch said:

True about LC, but there have been contracts with Winchester (WCC headstamp) and Federal (FC headstamp) forever. Also, if you see TZZ on your 5.56mm ammo, it's from IMI (Israeli Military Industries). There are plenty of other examples, as well.

That said, now is a better time than ever to learn to reload, IF you shoot enough to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I ordered from dillon yesterday, just misc. supplies, but was gonna order some bullets. They were out of what I wanted, and the man said pretty much what we've speculated about. The war, Metal prices, and the democrates scaring gun owners into stockpiling.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
See what you think of this place: http://www.outdoormarksman.com/index.php . They came through for me with reasonable prices (in a crazy market) and pretty rapid shipping (5 days from OR to NM for a 300 lb. order) when I had to fill a fairly large 8K-round order in a short period of time. I often use the local Sportsmens Warehouse, but they haven't had bulk plated bullets for most of this year. Note that they have two warehouses and the inventory varies. Let me know what you think.

G

·
Mike Barham said:
Increases in minimum wage eliminate jobs for low-skilled workers and raises cost of goods. See Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson" for a simple explanation. Existence of the minimum wage also helps drive illegal immigration.

Funny how that is always said, but when the minimum wage goes up, it never actually happens. Last month there was a slight increase, but I haven't heard of any massive layoffs, and haven't noticed any abnormal price increases. I also haven't read that the unemployment rate has risen any significant amount, and in minimum wage increases of the past, never saw a high unemployment rate blamed on a raise of the minimum wage. Except in theoretical terms in defense of a bogus theory.

People like Hazlitt also predicted in the early 90's that Klintons tax increase would tank the economy, and it didn't. After it didn't, they were scrambling to find a reason to blame for it not happening like they predicted.

I do think if the wage was raised a significant amount at once, like doubled, it might have the ill effects so readily predicted. Otherwise it seems to be absorbed.

All the supposed "great minds" of economics are always advancing theories, but their theories should not be taken as gospel as much as historical data. When a theory is never proved to be true, it becomes useless.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Tareeka Babooga said:
[quote="Mike Barham":b6762]Increases in minimum wage eliminate jobs for low-skilled workers and raises cost of goods. See Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson" for a simple explanation. Existence of the minimum wage also helps drive illegal immigration.

Funny how that is always said, but when the minimum wage goes up, it never actually happens. Last month there was a slight increase, but I haven't heard of any massive layoffs, and haven't noticed any abnormal price increases. I also haven't read that the unemployment rate has risen any significant amount, and in minimum wage increases of the past, never saw a high unemployment rate blamed on a raise of the minimum wage. Except in theoretical terms in defense of a bogus theory.

People like Hazlitt also predicted in the early 90's that Klintons tax increase would tank the economy, and it didn't. After it didn't, they were scrambling to find a reason to blame for it not happening like they predicted.

I do think if the wage was raised a significant amount at once, like doubled, it might have the ill effects so readily predicted. Otherwise it seems to be absorbed.

All the supposed "great minds" of economics are always advancing theories, but their theories should not be taken as gospel as much as historical data. When a theory is never proved to be true, it becomes useless.[/quote:b6762]

Every fast food resturant in Oregon is staffed with hispanics of unknown origin. Most speak broken English at best. The construction indusry and may others are filled with them. The drive to hire workers that will work for low wages and no benefits can be seen in every industry. This has a lot to do with min wage levels.

The orchard farmers in Oregon hire the illegials, they don't care where they come from, pay them based on what they pick, not a per hour wage. Once the social security comes back and says the number is not a valid number the employer doesn't give a crap, the workers have picked the crop and moved on. The socials security and ID given to the employers is all phoney stuff, the employers know it, don't care since they know the workers are seasonal and will be gone soon. It can take months for the social security admin to come back and ID a immigrant. System is a big joke!

American workers are being displaced at an alarming rate and don't appear to be bright enough to figure it out and protest! High paying blue collar jobs are going to be a thing of the past if the borders are not closed and the free trade charade exposed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts