National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That new Taurus is about that amount and it has all the bells and whistles! Forged frame, match barrel, lots of goodies for the money. I have not looked to see if the dealers are discounting them yet but the Taurus price was less than $600 retail!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got a Springfield Armory Stainless 1911A1 GI for under that price. Nice gun, too.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Not to sound like a broken record, but I think S.A. is your best bet there. A Mil-Spec would probably be my choice for the price range.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
Yes - a stainelss Mil Spec Springfield. I personally wouldn't go with any other brand at that price. I won't get into why, so I don't upset the feelings of anyone with certain other brands I would avoid that are in that price range... But, get the Springer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A RIA Tactical can be had for under $500 including shipping from Bellshire Guns on GB!

These have all the extras on them allready (beavertail, hammer, trigger, novac cut sights, FLGR, ambi-safety).

They are exelent guns!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shipwreck said:
Yes - a stainelss Mil Spec Springfield. I personally wouldn't go with any other brand at that price. I won't get into why, so I don't upset the feelings of anyone with certain other brands I would avoid that are in that price range... But, get the Springer.
+1 I wouldn't trade mine for any other 1911 in that price range.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
git_r_done said:
A RIA Tactical can be had for under $500 including shipping from Bellshire Guns on GB!

These have all the extras on them allready (beavertail, hammer, trigger, novac cut sights, FLGR, ambi-safety).

They are exelent guns!

I have never owned one of the RIA 45s but I would give them a try based on your recomendation!

One of the worst 45s I have ever owned was a cool looking springfield compact, with the frame made in Brazil. I was never able to get it to fire correctly. I was a total peice of junk. Back to the factory twice and it came back better than it was before but I had to dump it for a loss. I actually got to the point that I was convinced that the gun was dangerous and worried that it was going to blow up! It liked to put two rounds up the pipe at the same time and I was concerned that the second round would set off the primer on the first round with an open slide.

It had the nightsights and was a hot looker. Jammed constantly and actually damaged the alum port ramp so the bullet would not slide correctly. It was just a lemon I guess ,since all of the other members of this forum like the Springfields.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sig232 said:
git_r_done said:

They are exelent guns!

I have never owned one of the RIA 45s but I would give them a try based on your recomendation!

One of the worst 45s I have ever owned was a cool looking springfield compact, with the frame made in Brazil. I was never able to get it to fire correctly. I was a total peice of junk. Back to the factory twice and it came back better than it was before but I had to dump it for a loss. I actually got to the point that I was convinced that the gun was dangerous and worried that it was going to blow up! It liked to put two rounds up the pipe at the same time and I was concerned that the second round would set off the primer on the first round with an open slide.

It had the nightsights and was a hot looker. Jammed constantly and actually damaged the alum port ramp so the bullet would not slide correctly. It was just a lemon I guess ,since all of the other members of this forum like the Springfields.
You will not be dissapointed if you get one!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'll second the Rock Island. It's probably one of the best values for a 1911 out there. I have yet to shoot one that wasn't above average in accuracy. It's also rare to have issues with one but if you do, the President of RI makes the rounds on the internet and if he sees an issue, you'll see a post from him. Kinda strange having the President of a company actually give a hoot about their product.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I'll vote for the RIA.
I traded the SA 1911 for a XD45 Service a while back, but I'll get another one someday. I like my Taurus PT1911, but I like the RIA more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
red-rider said:
I saw a new, basic model, RAI yesterday at a gun shop for $399.00.
You can get the GI model NIB on GB for about $350 includeing shipping.

I only refered to the Tactical as in the under $500 and it has all the bells and whistles on it allready.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Israel Arms International M-5000, purchased used $200

Zebra wood grips $35.

Chip McCormick three dot combat sights $75 installed.

It has yet to fail to go bang properly. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts