National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gun do you cherish over all others in your collection?

It can be the one you paid the most money to purchase or the one that is the oldest and is worth the most money in todays market.

Mine may be my old Colt Gold Cup series 70 National Match.

G

·
I dunno, one of my pre '64 Winchesters, maby, or one of my old Colts. I dunno what their worth, really. They ain't for sale anyway. :--- :---

G

·
I just sold the gun I had the most money in, an M4gery with Aimpoint. Next, I suppose, would be my custom Colt Commander, a former carry gun that I won't sell for sentimental reasons.

G

·
probably the one i have the most money in is a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon X-Trap followed by my Winchester 101 Select Energy Sporting Clays

2 guns that i would never get rid of are a Ruger 77V in 280 and my S&W 686 , both guns are about 25 years old and where purchased new , they hardy ever get used any more but are tack drivers

G

·
got an 1886 colt thunderer. orginally issued to the canadian mounted police it is one of two that were never truned back in when the time came.

price........ the gun with out the history books at 22,000 ish

G

·
#1- Automag 5 IV 50AE
Harry Sanford, good friend of Bill Ruger, both inducted in the hand gunners hall of fame, invented the AutoMag 50AE. He pulled one off of the line and, on his memo pad, wrote "my promo." Pistol was never test fired but was used for the photo ads in the gun magazines of the era, esp the famous dinasour (sp) ad. His son Walter inherited his fathers collection. I was fortunate enough to buy that Automag 50AE from Walter Sanford, complete with supporting documents as to authenticity. Had to take out a loan to pay for it.

#2- Poly Tech pre ban Legend underfolder, with beautiful wood furniture, bayonet and sheath. Mint, as new condition.
Estate sale item from Texas millionaire who died in a plane crash.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
The one I have in my hand when TSHTF :!: :!: :!: :---

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baldy said:
My 1978 Colt Python 6" barrel is my most cherish gun I own. Never will let that one go. :)

I made the mistake of letting mine go when short of cash in the early 1980's. Thats the one in my collection that I sold and miss the most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts