National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to think, we all have at least one gun in our collection, we may not care for shooting. I'm curious as to what your favorite and least favorite is.

For me, my favorite is a tie between my savage axis, in 30-06, and my Sar B6 in 9mm. Least favorite is my Hi Point JCP .40 I like the caliber, and mostly like the gun, but I dont have the gorilla sized hands required to comfortably shoot it. My hands start hurting just from holding it after a bit.

·
Aim true !
10,293 Posts
I agree on the hi-point. They are not the most ergonomic pistols. My fave semi-auto handguns to shoot are my 1911's.

·
Registered
734 Posts
FNX-45 shoots pretty well. New AR varmint build handles like a dream.

But that 44 Mag SBH Hunter kicks like a mule on crack. Any scope that can handle that recoil will become the new standard brand for my hunting rifles.

·
Aim true !
10,293 Posts
The SW 29 44 mag has less felt recoil. I shot my neighbors the other day. He had it loaded with 180 grain hollow points, 30 grains of h-110 powder. Then i shot some in my SBH. Mine has a 7.5 inch barrel. I think his has an 8 inch. It was quite a difference.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Set the two pistols besides each other. Think maybe the SBH's lower grip, that's 3 inches further back than the 29s might have something to do with it?

By comparison, my 29 recoils very mildly.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Most favorite is the S&W Model 41 with the 7 inch barrel. Used to shoot an aluminum beer cage at 150 yards with it. Now it's mostly a safe queen. Least is the old 742 Rem. In 30-06. No recoil pad. You remember it. Middle is the Kimber but I've only been working with it for a year or so, I'm warming up to it.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
The 45-70 BFR i used to have could sometimes fit both categories.

Reactions: Philmo11 and Popeye

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,293 Posts
Favorite to shoot: Tie between Sig P226, P229, M11A1 and 1911.
Least favorite to shoot: Any Glock.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
2,879 Posts
Favorite handguns would be any of my .45acp guns. Least favorite is my old P95.
Favorite rifle is hard to decide between Savage 10 FCP in 6.5 Creedmore, CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel and the CZ 455 (I shoot the 455 a lot!) Least favorite rifle would be the Ruger American Ranch in .450 Bushmaster with the brake removed.:cryin:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
smith model 64 38 special.........magical go-to gun for pleasure/competition/serious social occasions
Ruger LCR 357 mag........brutal with magnums......

·
Registered
54 Posts
All time favorite: Colt Series 70 1911 (45 ACP)
Least favorite: Wathers PPK (380 ACP)
Favorite 380: Sig P238

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
AZHerper
3,738 Posts
Toughest to shoot was my Uberti 1873 cattleman's 44 magnum single action revolver, The small "plow-handle" grip made it want to rotate violently and I kept putting one finger under the grip, cradled by my supporting hand. If I didn't remember to move the "pinkie' it would get mashed and bruised. :wink5:

·
Premium Member
5,919 Posts
Favorite would have to be my 1911 or .45 Colt Winchester 94 trapper.
least favorite would have to be my Browning BPS 12 ga upland. Haven’t fired that shotgun in 20 years. It’s a fine gun but it really has no purpose for me.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Least favorite would be my LCP
Most favorite would be my 12 gauge target gun

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
Favorite handgun = full size M&P9 with apex trigger
Least favorite handgun = Ruger GP100 or my wifes Ruger LC380

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I don't own firearms I don't enjoy shooting.....although I shoot some more than others, it's more of a what am I in the mood for and what type of shooting.

Hey weren't you MIA here? If so glad to see you back!

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Best: 92FS or Sig P220. Pure joy.
Worst: .45 cal derringer. Utterly painful.

That said, the worst shooting is better than the best day at work! :wink:

--Wag--

·
Registered
369 Posts
My favorite gun to shoot that I have now is a close call between my AR and my Glock 43x. Both are quite enjoyable, though the 43x gets more attention because the backyard range is better suited for handguns.

Least favorite is tough, I don't currently have any guns that I don't enjoy shooting. If we look at past guns, least favorite I've ever shot (though I didn't own it) was the Beretta M9, stiff gritty trigger and an awkward shooting feel made for an unsatisfying shooting experience.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts