National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is my Kel-tec P3AT that I bought for about $274. I do want one of those Bersas for "Big Daddys" price of $225 though.

What is the best price you have paid within the last 10 years for a handgun? You can include new or used firearms.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
The lease that I have paid is $200 a piece for two of my old Rugers. The most was for my AR-15 at $1,200 for it and the Eotech and some other goodies.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
My best deal was a new S&W 625-8 JM revolver. It lists at $1011.00. I bought it for, out the door, are you ready? $556.20! Dealer cost is $787.00!

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
Picked up a beautiful S&W 66 .357 Magnum... for a mere $200. Yeah, she was used... but barely. Happened to be at the right place, at the right time.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My best, and only purchase was a Norinco Tu KKw .22 Trainer rifle for the K98K. Everywhere online, new, it runs 450 to 600. I got it for 200, Never shot, it was owned by a collector.

Attachments

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did pick up a Ruger Single Six for $49 but that was when I was in the military in 1962 in Upper Michigan, so that doesn't count.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was at a local gun show over the weekend and several of the dealers had SIG 225/P6 police trade in's for sale. For those that don't know, these are compact versions of the 9mm SIG 220 used by the German or Swiss police & military that were sent to the factory when the departments upgraded their inventories. They have been hitting the US market for the past year or two and vary in condition from good (mainly holster wear on the slide and grips) to like new. Most come with cleaning kits, owners manuals, the original factory box, two magazines, a holster and spare mag pouch. Anyway, after shopping around I found a like new pistol with all the previously mentioned accessories for $289 and decided to take the plunge since I've seen similar guns and accessory packages offered at several online gun brokers for $350 or more which doesn't include tax, shipping or local FFL charges. I got it home, took it apart and aside from some dust and grease under the grips, the gun seems to be in excellent shape. While the current ones are in good condition, I'll be replacing the plastic factory grips and sights with aftermarket night sights and a nice set of walnut grips I found on the internet. So, at less than $300 for the gun/accessories and about $100 for new sights and grips, I've entered the world of SIG. FYI, these guns have a single stack 8rd mag which makes for an almost 1911 style feel when you hold the gun and is EXCELLENT for people with smaller hands or short fingers! Plus, this is a relatively heavy pistol for it's size which should help in controiling recoil.

This is a very well made gun at a very reasonable price and will definately be a keeper.

BTW, I also have a S&W SIGMA 9 - I know all the horror stories about SIGMA's and their triggers already - and while it doesn't have a target trigger by a LONG shot, it's been a good, reliable pistol and it makes an outstanding car/truck gun. It was also a VERY good deal. I originally paid $279 for it last year. I got two mags and a nice S&W pocket knife with the gun, then I got 2 extra hi-cap mags and $50 back with a rebate from S&W. So I actually got the NIB gun, a knife and four mags for less than $240. THAT was a good deal!

While these aren't the CHEAPEST guns I've bought in the last few years, they were certainly the best deals I've had recently.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
RIA Tactical for $395

·
Registered
201 Posts
An unissued Yugo SKS for $199.99.

Oh cripes, this is the handgun forum. My Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull for under $460?

G

·
i recently purchased a new S&W 629 for around $700. It lists new for over $900. It's still too damn much, I know, but I love to shoot this handgun. I had one once and let it get away in a trade for my .223 AR. I've missed it ever since. Now I'm back in the saddle again.

G

·
Ruger .22

I needed a .22 for my daughter. She loves to shoot but always complains about a variety of things that hurt her hand. I believe she should be able to shoot without many of the problems with this Ruger Single Six. She can't shoot double action either, hurts her hand...
Anyway I had trouble finding a good Single Six. We just had a gun show and there will not be another one for many months. I found this one on consignment at a gun shop, for $250. Custom grips and it appears to have not been abused. Adjustable sights, magnum cylinder and a 6 1/2" barrel. Maybe not a steal, but a fair deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts