National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
818 Posts
Well, in actual combat I think it would be stupid because then the enemy could see how many rounds you had left. On the range however, that would be a great idea. :-B-:

·
Registered
761 Posts
It would take the guess work out of trying to figure out how many times you fired your weapon.

G

·
Forgive me, I haven't seen Alien in years, but in a combat situation, wouldn't it just be pricey, bulky and fragile? I can imagine that they would get knocked around quite a bit.

G

·
Some next-generation prototype military rifles supposedly have exactly such a device. I would like to see such information displayed within the optical sight.

G

·
Mike Barham said:
Some next-generation prototype military rifles supposedly have exactly such a device. I would like to see such information displayed within the optical sight.
Its true Mike, there being R&D,d as we speak has anyone seen how far scope tech and such has come these days? look at Adirondack optics Scope Circa 03-04 things have a Digi Cam intergrated! or Horus http://www.horusvision.com with there PDA interface software,things move fast folks "D.K" your not to far off.... ;)

G

·
Actually a Class IV Klingon disruptor would be great, they don't use bullets, just energy. So, the display would be something simple.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the old Clint Eastwood movie, "Dirty Harry".

"I know what you're thinking..."Did he fire 29 shots or 30...".
'Cept Harry only had six.

G

·
Doug Wilson said:
Get more batteries !!!
I don't know why everyone makes a big deal about batteries. Everything in the Army runs on batteries: vehicles, radios, optical sights, laser aiming devices, GPS, flashlights, etc. etc. etc. Our M4s have multiple battery-powered accessories, from the Aimpoint to the PEQ-2A to the Surefire. No big deal, batteries for all are easily available in the supply system, and everyone has extras.

Let's see - what else can we think up to make the Soldier's burden heavier??
The infantryman's burden has averaged about 80 pounds since the days of the Roman Legion, and is about 80 pounds now. I doubt it will change much in the near future, up or down. A couple of wristwatch batteries is hardly a make-or-break, anyway.

G

·
eXXit said:
80 pounds! what are you guys a walking Duracell Factory Mike!. U dont think there gonna get lighter?
The batteries are the least of the issue, really, since that is only a couple of ounces. We just got issued new body armor (IOTV) that is a whole three pounds lighter than the previous design (IBA), yippie! But we have so much crap to carry that we usually have to pick and choose based on the mission. And if something does get lighter, that's just an excuse for the higher-ups to make something else mandatory to carry.

Anyway, between weapons, lots of ammo, water, night vision, first aid, the body armor with four ESAPI plates, helmet, and various other bits, it's a lot of stuff. If the load weight hasn't changed in 2,000+ years, I don't expect it will change any time soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts