National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... you don't hear about/see them much anymore. :cry:

Years ago, they were pretty popular - 'the bee's knees'
in semi-auto 9mm's!

I had a couple - years back - but now I only have one ...
and it's a Nazi gun - early war manufacture - a nice one -
showing service signs to the Third Reich, but that's my only one.

Anyone else have one? Ever shoot it?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I had one mfg in Belgium back in the 1970's and it was a fine gun. Had to sell it following a divorce in the late 1970's and wish I had it back.

It had the hard trigger but was accurate out to about 100 yards! Darn impressive firearm. :)

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
My parents both had the FN version, which were such awesome 9mm's and is one of the reasons why I have such an affinity for them today. I still want one, and would have bought it instead of the CZ, if they were not so damned expensive!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you count an FN as a Browning, then I have one.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
gandog56 said:
If you count an FN as a Browning, then I have one.

The FN was designed by Browning, so you can definitely consider it the same gun. In fact I remember reading somewhere that although Browning did most of the design of the Hi-Power, he died before seeing it into production, which was then taken over by FN..... something like that!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I personally think it may be the most perfect pistol every made. It's simple to say the least, accurate, and easy to maintain. The trigger irriated some people, but I 've never seen it as a problem.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Critch said:
I personally think it may be the most perfect pistol every made. It's simple to say the least, accurate, and easy to maintain. The trigger irriated some people, but I 've never seen it as a problem.

But then, if you can adjust to the Glock trigger you sure can adjust to the Browning High Power Trigger!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have only one 9mm handgun and it is a BHP. Mine is am adjustable sighted model. I really love that pistol and have found the accuracy and reliability to be very impressive. Stephen Camp has been mentioned in connection with his great BHP website. I highly recommend it to any BHP enthusiast. he also wrote an excellent manual for these pistols that every owner should seriously consider buying.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My brother carrys a Belgium Browning HP. It originally had the blue finish but he wore that off. Then he got the entire pistol Armalloyed and he has since wore most of that off. The pistol will shoot in a hole if you can. I can't even imagine how many rounds have been thru the shooter. It finally had a malfunction about two weeks ago- the ejector went bad. Got a new one and put it in and went outside and ripped a clip. Works like new. They are one tough and accurate pistol.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
If you disable the magazine disconnect on the newer Hi-Powers, the trigger will smooth up considerably.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Denfoote and Entreri - Those are awesome!!! I would love to have one of those in my collection.............
Thanks. Are HPs generally hard to find in the US? Or do you want a certain model ("made in Belgium" or something like that) that is not very common there? I always thought High-Powers are everywhere :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Entreri said:
Denfoote and Entreri - Those are awesome!!! I would love to have one of those in my collection.............
Thanks. Are HPs generally hard to find in the US? Or do you want a certain model ("made in Belgium" or something like that) that is not very common there? I always thought High-Powers are everywhere :D
I dunno.
I found mine sitting on my gunsmith's book shelf!!
It had formerly been his "shop" gun and had lain for years!!

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I want an older "Made in Belgium" Hi-Power. My parents both had one in South Africa - bought in the '70s -and I'd like one for the nostalgia.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts