National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at my favorite LGS this afternoon just as a guy brought in his lightly used Sig P322 .22lr with an optic on it… for consignment sale… and I said ‘no’ (that word rarely crosses my lips in a gun shop!)

• you know how much I like 22’s
  • you know how much I like optics on my pistols

FJB and his economy destroying policies!

(of course… I just bought an new RV last week and a new shotgun on Tuesday) ;)

We‘ve also been helping our grown children through these tough economic times (all of them, plus their spouses, are working). Two families have four children each, one family has two, one with one… all young children… our grandchildren.

The 60% increase in gas, 10% in food and other goods has caused an astounding expense increase / hardship for these young families with children.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know what your saying and its hard saying no to a gun when its what you like. I just picked up a S&W .38 special revolver 4in in chrome. Want to get a set of wood grips for and get a .28 gauge o/u shotgun then I gonna try and say no to any more. REst of this year at least LMAO; we'll see if I can do it.

·
Salmon Slayer
984 Posts
I’m frugal to begin with but Dayummm nowadays it’s hard keeping cash in the pocket.

·
Registered
17,063 Posts
I said no last weekend as well. Such a hard thing to do. My LGS got in a Winchester 94 made in 1902, rifle length, octagon barrel, crescent butt plate chambered in 38-55. Pretty decent shape except silver dollar size area on the stock near the butt plate that was chewed up looking. it was either rubbing on something or something literally chewed on it. That and the price made me said no. Between putting in a water line, having to get home fuel soon and school taxes are next month along with the high prices of gas, fuel, groceries I just had to say no. 😢 I did get to go out back and run 2 rounds through it to test the function for them and it worked nicely.

Reactions: 806 and IowaShooter

·
Registered
901 Posts
Fortunately, I'm pretty well "gunned up" with a great collection I'm proud of. I love every one of them for what they are which is what I want. There isn't a gun out there I want right now so I don't have to worry about saying "no". As far as ammo, I have enough reloading components to last me over a year if I really get after reloading. I just do it as I feel like it then hoard it for the next stupidity in politics. Can it really get more stupid??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts