National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the article about the brave citizens who ended the rape in Oregon and held the puke for police, when I happened upon this gem: http://www.kptv.com/news/14518161/detail.html#

What kind of grades did this Einstein get in shop class, anyway?

Yo, Travis -- You got a holster for this POS???

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SheNine said:
LMAO!!!
The thing actually fired?!?!
NO, that was the point of the article. Einstein tried to shoot the other guy. Shop class experiment failed to fire. Other guy tried to shoot Einstein, his "real" gun failed, as well.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Two middle-aged morons, fighting over a woman. Each now in jail, each with a crappy gun.

OBTW -- the fabric-looking thing that the device is setting on -- that's the "silencer"!

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Oops! My bad................ ;)

I thought the line: "The inside of the mat was burned; leading deputies to believe the gun had previously been fired, according to authorities." implied it had worked!!!!

Actually, you should see some of the things the BG's used to make in Africa. A piece of copper tubing, a few pieces of wood, a nail and an elastic band........ wish I could find some pics. You would be astounded - they actually worked - at close range only, but they worked!!! :roll:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I know a little bit about improvised weapons. In one of my previous lives I was an instructor at the Corrections Academy. We had a couple of trunks full of shivs, zip guns, and God-knows-what else that the inmates made in their free time (of which they had plenty!).

G

·
When my boys were young they made all sort of dangeroug weapons. Their best was an offshoot of the "potato gun."
Potato Gun: Start with a length of PVC piping to match the size of the potato. Shove the potato down the "barrel." Put the little red stem of the WD-40 can into a hole previously drilled in the lower end of the pipe and empty contents of can into pipe. Click firestarter stolen from Dad's BBQ grille next to the hole and "boom" the potato is a projectile.
Variation. Take a small, cheap throwing knife and impale the handle into the potato. This time lower the barrel of the device and aim it toward a tree. I have seen knives stuck 3" into a pine tree.
Potato gun impounded. We get real guns and go to the range. We shoot safely.
Remarks: Dad, the range is a lot more fun that the potato gun.
They've been shooting safely since then.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SheNine said:
Sounds like it was a fun job!!! ;)
My job was fun, but I didn't have to work inside the walls. To this day I don't know how the guards could do it, day in and day out. Forget most of what you've seen on TV or the movies. Bear in mind that between 25% and >50% of convicted criminals have some type of mental disability (which may or may not be diagnosed) which varies in intensity from almost non-symptomatic to full blown psychoses, and the Corrections Officer has to work with all of them, every day. Like one of the officers was told one time by an inmate, "At least I get out of here in five (years). You're in for TWENTY." Screw that!
I have as much respect for modern prison security as I do for police, fire, and military folks. They're doing a job for us we damn sure don't want to do, but SOMEBODY's GOT TO DO!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts