1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
957 Posts
Very nice, Glenn. I like both. I havent got to shoot an m/p yet, but checked them out a the gun store and I want one, cant decide on caliber though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx for the compliments guys. Both guns shoot very well with similiar shot groupings. I "carry" the XD and my wife keeps the M&P in her glove box. The M&P comes with 3 different backstraps for the grip so she uses the small one.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
glennc, what gun do you like the best? I have a X45 Tactical & a XD5 Service, so, as you can tell, I'm a XD fan. I am wanting to get a good 9mm, but haven't decided what yet. I like the M/P's, I would like to look at a Taurus & have shot a XD9 Tactical on a few occasions. This will be a competition pistol. My only 9mm is a Ruger P89DC that I really like, but because of it's trigger design, it's hard to fire as fast as I like. I plan going to my favorite gun shop on Saturday & hopefully I'll come home with something in 9mm. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kansas45 said:
glennc, what gun do you like the best? I have a X45 Tactical & a XD5 Service, so, as you can tell, I'm a XD fan. I am wanting to get a good 9mm, but haven't decided what yet. I like the M/P's, I would like to look at a Taurus & have shot a XD9 Tactical on a few occasions. This will be a competition pistol. My only 9mm is a Ruger P89DC that I really like, but because of it's trigger design, it's hard to fire as fast as I like. I plan going to my favorite gun shop on Saturday & hopefully I'll come home with something in 9mm. :mrgreen:
I am more comfortable shooting the XD(had it longer)shooting IDPA.
I like the trigger feel of the XD a little better than the M&P. I think I'll take the M&P to the next IDPA match and see how I do.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Nice pair of handguns Glenn. When was the last time you shot them both at the range? Be cool to see target pics of your day.

Be careful that they do not mate and make a Glock - OH NO!!! :lol:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bat1159man said:
Nice pair of handguns Glenn. When was the last time you shot them both at the range? Be cool to see target pics of your day.

Thanx for the compliment...the last time I took both guns to the range was 7/16/07, shot grouping nearly identical.
When I had to requalify for my CCW renewal I shot only one point better with my XD.
Well Glock did start it all with their polymer frames.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bat1159man said:

Shot the M&P today (fri. 7/27/07) 20 rds @ 7yds.

G

·
glennc said:
bat1159man said:

Shot the M&P today (fri. 7/27/07) 20 rds @ 7yds.
Looks good! I might have to get me one of those new-fangled M&Ps...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts