National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my new XD40 to the range today and had a blast. Shot 50 rounds of Independence 165gr FMJ, and 20 more rounds of FMJ 180 gr reloads purchased from the range. I had to stop after 70 rounds 'cause I walked in the range at 7:30 and it closed at 8:00. But I really wanted a chance to shoot my new gun, it was calling my name. I got better as the time went, and I can't wait to spend a day dialing that puppy in. Oh - and I was able to pick up about 80 spent .40 S&W cartriges, to start my supply for future reloading. :D

The top 10 highlighted in yellow were my first clip, aiming for the head at 25 yards. The bottom 5 highlighted in blue hit during the second clip - while I was trying some double tapping at 20 yards. The rest, your guess is probably better than mine. ;) - Everything except the first mag aimed at the head was from 20 yards.

That pic is on my table, right before I took it apart for cleaning.

And that is while I was cleaning my new gun. If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited to be able to shoot and own my new handgun.

Attachments

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Update...

I took my xd40 back to the range today. I shot 200 rounds with my dad and little brother. Shooting reloads the gun had no missfeeds. We did get one primer that got hit with the firing pin and went, "CLICK". I recocked the gun and shot again, and it fired fine - never had that happen with any gun before. :eek:

Here is one shoot-n-c target that I hit from 35ish yards. The shot that is clearly in the red was my first shot on this target... After that I was like, okay, I can't top that I'm done. But then I decided not to waste a perfectly good target. ;)

And then my last target from 25 yards

The gun is really surprising me on how accurate I can be with it. I've shot accurate pistols before but it seemed like they were always revolvers with longer barrels on them. I guess I just wasn't doing it right.

Attachments

G

·
Xdm .40

I shot my new xdm .40 this weekend - I love the .40S&W caliber. I don't have any photos, and the range I go to had a target that is really too far away for handguns. However, I was amazed to see that I could hit some old targets that others had left behind, even at that long range. Not tight groups like you guys had, but at least I was hitting it.

Later, B

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have had an XD 40 for a few years, mine has a green frame with a 4 inch barrel. It is absolutely 100% reliable. I dont shoot it as well as I can a 1911, but its not the gun's fault.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bassoneer, just keep shooting your XD... it took me a couple of times, and a lot of mirror practice. I often dry fire it to make sure I'm pulling the trigger back straight with the tip of my finger, so I know I'm not pulling to one side or the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts