National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a rifle with a busted stock so I can make a stock for it and use it for deer hunting I have a max of 300 bucks and I would preffer a 30-30 but I might take any other caliber that I can use for deer. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
quick update I would possibly accept a muzzle loader 50 cal or larger. and I only want working firearms with broken or no stocks unless its an easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
14,678 Posts
Do you want a $300 rifle or do you just like to make stocks? Have you made a stock before?

Just curious so I'll know how to answer the questions you didn't ask. I don't have any rifles with "busted" stocks.

Alan

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,756 Posts
Does the 15 post rule apply to just selling or does it include buying too????

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
I've never looked at the process very closely, but it seems like there's a lot of guys out there who have machines that will "duplicate" gun stocks. If they can make adjustments to the basic design, you might want to call one of them.

Edit: a gun with a 'busted' stock is likely to have mechanical issues that a new stock can never fix.

·
Wyoming
4,251 Posts
Make sure you understand "busted stocks". Many rifles have hardware in the butt stocks. Lever action rifles usually have bent tangs when the butt stocks are damaged. Proper fitting and bedding are not always easy task. Have you considered a Milsurp rifle such as the Mosin-Nagant? These can be found at gun shows in good condition that would fit your budget.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dog soldier I have considered these things and I have looked at mosins but I mainly want a lever gun. I want to get into gun repair so I think that it might be a good project for me

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,141 Posts
Check gun stores that sell used firearms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts