National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Novice Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo guys. So I was looking into getting the Hi-Point .45 ACP carbine (4595TS) and I've read many reviews saying that it is a terrible gun because it looks "ugly", and I have watched YouTube reviews of it and people say it's a great gun. My question for anyone with experience with this gun is this: Would it really be a good buy? I know of a place where I can get it for $280 in VERY GOOD condition. That price is combined with the Hi-Point lifetime warranty, which can only be voided if you put a certain extended mag in the gun. I don't care about the extended mag though, so this wouldn't be a problem for me. Any advice??? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I don't have any experience with it.

I don't know much about it.

I would never get one.

If you want one go for it. You may be better off with a 22 or 9mm due to ammo cost.

Reactions: TheKid

·
Registered
15,080 Posts
Visit the forum:
Hipoint Firearms Forums

They're great guns. People don't like them because they're cheap. They are reliable and accurate, owners love them. I want the .40 to go with my JCP, the mags are interchangeable, same with the .45. Not so with the 9mm.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,432 Posts
I know a man (whom I respect) who owns one. He says its ugly enough to make a man cry. But, ugly is as ugly does. He calls his 'Beauty'.

Reactions: TheKid

·
Registered
319 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it came with a higher capacity magazine. I've done a lot of research on them. I think you can buy with confidence and feel good about your purchase.

FYI - the warranty limitation applies only to the 9mm version. In fact the higher capacity mags tend to work pretty well in the .45 ACP.

If you're getting one, get the magazine clips for the stock as well.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I know I want one. Just can't currently afford one. You can get a brand new one from Impact guns for $278. Granted, you'd have to pay for the FFL transfer too when it was received.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I have a 9mm High-Point Carbine and love it. It is very accurate up to 50 yards and can usually hit a Coke Can at 100 yards within 4-5 shots. Has never once jammed on me and I really don't think it's ugly. My only gripe is the 10 round magazine. There is an after market company that sells a 15 round magazine that several people on the High Point Forum said were junk and I should have listened. I bought 2 of them and I have at least 1 failure to feed per magazine, usually more than 1. High-Point also has an outstanding Customer Service Department and a 100% Lifetime Warranty if the gun fails for any reason. You could submurge it in the ocean for 6 months, pull it out of the salt water and if it doesn't function 100% High-Point will repair or replace it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I know that with the .45 ACP model you can modify extended 1911 mags to work with it and it's an easy modification to the mags.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,379 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have the 9mm version and it is a tac-driver and very reliable--

fun fun fun... I highly recommend!

A bit interesting to disassemble... But that's ok

Reactions: KW Gary M

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 9mm highpoint carbine im looking to sell if your interested. bought it awhile back shot 20 rounds through it then stored it. I kinda bought it with the idea it be a fun cheap gun to shoot then realized it wasn't much fun for me. since then I have bought a 50BMG and well deffinalty wont go back to it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts