National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you shoot a person who is stealing your truck out of your yard?

Now, you are going to post a answer and ask a similar question.....

This is not a "see how far you would go thread". It is to give people a general idea of what is right and what is wrong.

Lets also not make this a "I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT" thread either... Lets get some knowledge out of this.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
No! I enjoy my freedom.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I for one think that personal property is NOT worth a persons life. I rather them steal the truck, the 4 wheeler, the gas, the weed eater, the tractor, and the wheels. Its all replaceable.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
No I would not want to be responsible for taking someones life over a car/truck that was insured.

So I would hand off my gun to my wife who would most certainly shoot anyone who touched her Jag? She would empty the friggin gun!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
No I would not want to be responsible for taking someones life over a car/truck that was insured.

So I would hand off my gun to my wife who would most certainly shoot anyone who touched her Jag? She would empty the friggin gun!

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Depends. Did I leave my "Favorites of Toby Keith" mix in there?

J/k He can have the damn truck.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
What some folks fail to remember is "Bullets go both ways". You would not know if the bad guys are armed and if they are, will they use their weapons? As long as me and the family are safe I see no reason to do anything other than call the police. Their the pros and handle these scumbags everyday.:thumbsup:

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
No, I would not. And I think this is what I'm supposed to do next...

Would you shoot a person who is robbing a convenience store when you're in the back?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Would you shoot a person who is robbing a convenience store when you're in the back?
It would depend on if he was going to shoot the clerk :confused5:

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,007 Posts
No. You can't do that here. This is Arkansas and not Texas. Can't shoot someone unless I am in grave danger. If the thief tries to run me over with my truck...that would be a different story, and I'd be thinking how much a new windshield would cost me.

I'd also like to know why my Hexxagon Champion tag doesn't scroll like Cake's.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
I'd be thinking how much a new windshield would cost me.
Don't forget the costs of getting that bad boy scrubbed clean!!

G

·
I would grab the digital camera or the Mini-DVD recorder and zoom in on faces. Both of these items are always sitting around the house & ready for use. I don't want people to steal my stuff, but I also don't want to go through a court battle for my freedom.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
No I would not! They can have that gas guzzler, and besides it's hubby's, not mine! Now if it were my Bimmer, that's another story............. :smilewinkgrin: Just kidding!!!

I would not shoot over a car, my firearms are drawn only to protect life and limb.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
In Virginia it's illegal to shoot someone over property, not that I would do it if it were legal.

Besides, I got LoJack.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
We had a friend that lives over in Vancouver WA have this very thing happen recently. His wife woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that someone was trying to break into his Tahoe.

He is a plumber and has lots of power tools in the back of the Tahoe. She woke up her husband and he sleeps in the nude, grabbed his robe and his beretta 9 mm and headed out the door. He was within six feet of the guy, yelled at him and shot the gun off in the air. The guy about crapped his pants, he fell down, got up and ran like a rabbit.

My friend was barefoot so he decided to let the guy go and called the police. He did not admit to shooting off the gun and the neighbors did not report the gun shot so he was in the clear.

They never caught the bad guy but we know he had a "come to Jesus event" that night!

Our friend is not a mean guy and said the guy was very young and he could never shoot someone for stealing property.

That gives you a real life situation where someone had to make the decision that was asked about in this thread.

·
Registered
211 Posts
No probably not, unless I felt like I or someone else in the store was in immediate danger, but since I am in the back I would try to get my cell phone out and take a picture of the bad guy and then call 911

What if you awoke in the middle of the night to a loud crash coming from an old shed in your back yard, once you get there seeing what it is, you find 6 college age males taking your belongings from the building and two of the males have baseball bats. What would you do ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts