National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heeeer you go -- is this not the most beautiful rifle that you've ever seen???

OK, maybe not. My customer and newest buddy, who just finished a quick vacation from his job in southern Afghanistan, came over to pick up an order of ammo I had put together for him and left this as a gift.

It's called a Jizeel and it is a 19th century muzzle loading rifle grafted with leather to a wooden stock that is easier for them to use from horseback. Hammered brass bands go around the barrel holding it to the fore end stock. It has a very strangely shaped bore, but it looks like about a .50 cal.

Of course, the Afghans now prefer the AK-47, but some of the old timers still use these guns to this day. No telling how much meat this guy put on some family's table, or how many Russians it may have harassed.

G

·
Heh, you see all sorts of crazy guns for sale in the bazaars here.[attachment=0:e8a16]BazaarGun.JPG[/attachment:e8a16]

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SheNine said:
What an awesome conversation piece!!! I'd polish up the brass bits, restore the wood and hang it over the fireplace!
What? And ruin the collectors value?!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By all means. And I had just the right penance lined up ... then I realized which forum I was actually on.

...maybe now *I* need to be punished...

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, a big honkin' night vision scope. With anti-reflective mesh in the objective. Maybe a laser, too!

...just as soon as I heal up... :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts