National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing this forum doesn't have is a section devoted entirely to women and guns, and defensive use of guns by women. That's too bad, I think its an important aspect in the world of firearms, the good use of guns by women. In some ways, I think its almost more important for women to get into guns than it is for men. The world of guns is largely a man's world although that is changing, it changed quite a bit during the Obama administration when apparently there were lots of women who became first time gun owners. If you ask me, more women should get into it.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
i agree that more women should get into firearms.......i disagree with a separate sub-forum.

firearms are the great equalizer regardless of sex, size, strength, etc........it levels the playing field......

there may be some particular aspects that are peculiar to women only......that is when the guys chime in as to what their wives have/do/have tried......

on a side note i do not think that there has been any husband/wife co-members here that i can think of.......and doubt a new forum would help bring in more.......

·
Jesus Saves
7,689 Posts
One thing this forum doesn't have is a section devoted entirely to women and guns, and defensive use of guns by women. That's too bad, I think its an important aspect in the world of firearms, the good use of guns by women. In some ways, I think its almost more important for women to get into guns than it is for men. The world of guns is largely a man's world although that is changing, it changed quite a bit during the Obama administration when apparently there were lots of women who became first time gun owners. If you ask me, more women should get into it.
Are you feeling left out?

·
Aim true !
9,725 Posts
We have a female member here. She has not been active lately.

Reactions: Speed

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,442 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
This forum actually treats women decently but there are a lot of male-dominated forums out there who don't. It's a little tricky for a woman to jump into the man-caves like this.

A couple of women have posted here in the past but have proven to be psychotic and they didn't last long. But there have been some amazing women who have posted here and done well. Most of the time, women will read such forums because they need to glean whatever information they can but they don't feel up to posting and asking questions.

Setting up a women only section of the board would attract more men (who would get banned) and it's just not a workable setup.

FWIW, there are women in other forums but as mentioned, they are few and far between.

--Wag--

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,498 Posts
I would like to see more women become regulars here. I think we, as a group, are respectful towards the women that visit and have questions. Granted the ladies may not care for the Gals and Guns thread, but they are welcome to start a Guys and Guns thread.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I was out in the Oil Fields working one night. At a 'disposal' facility. They take water and inject it back in the ground. Anyways...
It was about 4am. This classic Pete pulls up. Obvious Owner Operator. Expected a dirty, hairy, smelly guy. I was standing with the station operator at the computer. This good looking girl with skin tight jeans walks in. Had her hat pulled down close to her eyes. Trying to evade her looks. All I could think was: "I hope you carry a gun."

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
With what everyone else already said i think in general online forums for the most parts just aren't women's cup of tea anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife looks at some, but she never really posts. She use to participant in a female only forum until they allowed the men to see and participate and she stopped talking on there. Both of my daughters are the same way.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Didn’t we have that one girl on here do some crazy gun stuff? I think she shot someone and had asked some questions here first.

·
Super Moderator
14,175 Posts
If we open a "Women Only" subforum, then all the other 33 genders are going to want one of their own too....

We'll leave it as it is.

Alan

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,442 Posts
Didn’t we have that one girl on here do some crazy gun stuff? I think she shot someone and had asked some questions here first.
Yes. Sol Pais. The Florida chick obsessed with Columbine. She drove from Florida to Colorado where she purchased a shotgun and committed suicide in the woods.
Pretty sad state of events as the young lady obviously struggled with some mental issues.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yes. Sol Pais. The Florida chick obsessed with Columbine. She drove from Florida to Colorado where she purchased a shotgun and committed suicide in the woods.
Pretty sad state of events as the young lady obviously struggled with some mental issues.

I had forgotten all about that nutbag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts