National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Russian ammo shoots fine in my Mini-14 but seems to be a bit dirty. Is it at all corrosive?

I was told and might have passed this on before to oil the extractor of my rifle since the cases are steel and not brass. Any issues with this in your firearms?

G

·
they wore out the extractor in my XD and ive chiped a few extractors on my ar15. just stay away from there laquer coated stuff.

the laquer coating melts onto the in side of your chamber and then you run a brass round threw and it glues itself into your chamber.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leeindy said:
they wore out the extractor in my XD and ive chiped a few extractors on my ar15. just stay away from there laquer coated stuff.

the laquer coating melts onto the in side of your chamber and then you run a brass round threw and it glues itself into your chamber.
Hummmmmmmmmm...................I better dig out my case of Wolf and check that stuff out to see if I have the laquer coated stuff!

G

·
SheNine said:
How would you know???? We have about 10 boxes of .223 Wolf ammo. It was on special at our guns store, I think we paid $4.99 a box!!!!
Steel case, hollow point. That is mostly what I shoot in my AR :)

G

·
SheNine said:
How would you know???? We have about 10 boxes of .223 Wolf ammo. It was on special at our guns store, I think we paid $4.99 a box!!!!
steel case has a polymer coating and is kinda grey.

the laquer stuff is greenish.

if you have some go ahead and shoot it. but dont shoot brass in with it. no mixing and matching. just clean your chamber really good before you shoot it again.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
xjedix - yeah, it's dangerous as hell. Lots of discussion on several forums about that.

ALSO -- theboxotruth.com is one SUPER interesting website. It's kind of like a "Mythbusters" for folks like us.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am pretty sure mine is the good poly ammo. It has the steel colored case. Its in the back of my ammo storage cabinet and I hate to dig it out.

G

·
Jim Yeager of Tactical Response told me he has shot thousands of rounds of Wolf in his AR's, without any problems.

Even with feedback from a source I trust, I would still have secondary extractors, and would have extractors designated for practice with wolf. I would replace the extractor before and after shooting Wolf. Just in case.

G

·
I've shot the old wolf the new stuff with positive results in my ar bushy.If you want to go to a site with a lot of experts
on ar 's go to ar15.com.I bet you just stirred up hornets nest and get a 50-50 mix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts