National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1949 Winchester Model 12 shotgun 12 gauge in fair condition trying to find out what it is worth

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,909 Posts
Look it up on gunbroker.com
While not precise it'll give you a pretty good idea what its worth.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,200 Posts
Without seeing what you have, in fair condition, you could probably get between $300 and $500 for it, depending on how worn it is and if the mechanics are in decent shape. Pics would help us determine a more accurate price point.

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
That is among the top two strongest pump action shotguns ever made. Their usual life before rebuild is about one and a half to two MILLION rounds fired. In these troubled times why would you want to sell it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I picked up a 1929 Model 12 back in the 80's Its not real pretty but I still carry it for grouse and home protection. Its been referred to by my middle Child as His Winchester for going on to 20 years now.

·
Super Moderator
14,531 Posts
I have a 20 ga that my dad bought in the late 60s. I used it for quail and doves when I was a kid. I also have his Model 42 that his mother gave him while his dad was busy with some Japanese fellows in the early 40s. He used it to put rabbits and other "game" on their table during that time. It was about 4 miles (as the crow flies, or as the boy walks) from where they lived to the school in Benavides, TX. That little 42 would stand in the corner of the classroom never garnering a malicious thought and procure something for supper on the way home. He ran traps on the way to and from school too. If he caught a skunk, he had to sit outside for the day. Ammunition was scarce and sometimes non-existent. 410 shells only got used on something to eat and only then if it wasn't in a trap.

Thinking of someone skinning skunks, opossums and ***** for nickels and dimes to buy necessities and a few 410 shells really puts things into a different perspective in today's world.

I've often threatened to complete the set with a 12, 16 and the elusive 28, but have never worked up the wherewithall to pull the trigger, especially on the 28...

Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts