National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Camping, hiking, ATVing, hunting*, fishing, gun dog training, horseback riding, boating? These activities generally don't require people to get too near one another (except on party boats for angling) but I was wondering if fish and game regulations will have special modifications during this pandemic. Will the law restrict or shut down any of these things because of COVID 19? What are your thoughts on this?

*dove hunting is highly social in Southern states but hopefully Corona will have died out by summer's end for the upcoming 2020 dove opener. The heat will hopefully kill this bug off for good by then. Many people here are probably now worrying more over empty shelves at Walmart than fun outdoors things.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,352 Posts
It will depend on how the virus progresses in the next few weeks. If it continues to spread, I suspect staying at home will become a mandatory requirement.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Wife and I shoot USPSA pistol--local matches have been canceled, and several major matches have been re-scheduled out into the fall.

Oregon Governor has closed all state parks, and cities on the coast are closing beach access. Schools closed so everyone decided to
go to the beach or go hiking. Trout season, Spring Chinook are going to kick in soon. Guessing it will kill the charter boat business,
but no idea beyond that.

·
Registered
13,726 Posts
Florida just shut down all state parks. I expect county and city will follow suit.

·
Aim true !
10,342 Posts
I do not plan on avoiding the woods. Something that i always enjoyed since i was a kid. Got home from school, Id grab the air gun out i went. Then when i got my hunting license i was out hunting for whatever was in season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts