National Gun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am still finding .454 Casull and .338 WinMag at normal prices in the gun stores.

·
Aim true !
10,711 Posts
If folks would not pay the gouging prices. Prices would return to normal across the board.

Lookie here.

Reactions: Nod

·
Jesus Saves
7,920 Posts
I’m giving my P85 to my son (it’s the only 9mm I have) and all of my 9mm ammo. That’s about 800 rounds. I still have my 1911 and a thousand rounds. I’ve got some .38 SPL. and .357. I Sh#t load of .22 and 5.56 and 7.62x39. I always am well stocked with shotgun ammo.
I did that, literally, last year. It did not last a year. At leas he has a decent firearm now....with ammo.

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Yeah he’s well aware of the ammo situation right now. He just bought a Sig365 and he tried it out but only shot 30 rounds. I know he’s got 250 rounds of .380 and since I gave him my .45 Colt trapper and .45 Colt Black Hawk I gave him all of the .45 Colt ammo too. That’s about 250 rounds of .45 Colt. He should be pretty set for a bit.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I’m a victim of my own ocd. Another caliber, another caliber. I added 3 more calibers in October and now I have to stock for those. I need to stop adding calibers long enough to catch up. Fortunately, I did at least buy the reloading dies when I bought the guns.

500rds is the absolute minimum for each caliber that I strive to keep on hand in the event I only have time to grab 1 gun and 1 ammo can to make a run for it with.

·
Aim true !
10,711 Posts
Jordan, if your not already a member please consider GOA and your states gun rights group. I have been realy impressed with the GOA.

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
A lady friend of mine who started talking about getting her handgun permit here in NY several years ago is now really bummed out. She got her permit a little over a year ago but some big expenses came up with her house and car and put off buying her first pistol. When she finally was going to do it covid hit which closed the pistol permit process. I pointed her to several places that would help her pick out her first gun a couple of weeks ago and she ended up buying a Sig 365 the other day and now has to wait a couple of weeks to get it on her permit to take possession of it. She lives in a county where the process is slow. She was able to get one box of ammo and has been asking me where to buy ammo and sadly I'm little help as there isn't any 9mm out there that i know of. She was going to order it online and i told her she can't unless she has it shipped to a dealer which may charge her a fee too. She really didnt need any reason to dislike democrats and their ridiculous laws but apparently she hates them even more now. I almost feel like driving to where she lives and giving her a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
would tell her to drive over to the next State on vacation and do some ammo shopping.....

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
would tell her to drive over to the next State on vacation and do some ammo shopping.....
Don't think a different state will matter, 9mm is harder to get than a unicorn with a gold horn.

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Aim true !
10,711 Posts
If J.B does end up being president. I wonder how long the ammo panic buying will keep on going? Im glad im stocked up. But to last 4 years i'll have to slow down some on my plinking.

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
If J.B does end up being president. I wonder how long the ammo panic buying will keep on going? Im glad im stocked up. But to last 4 years i'll have to slow down some on my plinking.
Not me;)

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
14,023 Posts
Prices are spiking. Ammosekk yesterday was 54.rnd. now it 64/round for 223. Gonna get worse.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
demand will continue to out-strip supply........i expect limited availability and increasing prices to reflect the demand.....guns, ammo, magazines, primers, powder, etc, etc

will biden do anything or remain quiet on the 2a.....everyone feared obama's potential actions but he was down right mild in anti 2a deeds.......since obama is biden's hero, maybe he will do the same.....all talk and nothing of substance when it comes to anti 2a actions.

that will still not reduce the demand to shop until you drop, hoard, and expect the worst.

·
Registered
14,023 Posts
Don't forget, biden won't be around long. The whore ad the squad might be a very different story. I expect they are plotting against biden to get him out of the way.

·
Aim true !
10,711 Posts
Just found out 30.06 is hard to get. Someone asked me if i would load some 30.06 for them. Said he can't find any. I looked and he's right. This shortage is worse than the last one.

·
Aim true !
10,711 Posts
I was at walmart this morning, Very sparse on ammo. There was some shotgun and 3 boxes of 350 legoned. I got the last bottle of pyrodex today. They had 8 guns in the display.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts