National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,716 Posts
I got an email from someone asking if im still collecting brass to sell. He was looking for 45 acp cases. I guess some folks are getting desperate. Im not finding it like i used to. I'll hang onto my 45 casings that i have found.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,232 Posts
A buddy asked me a few weeks back to go shooting. I said, nah...I'll pass. I'm not shooting up the ammo I have on hand when ammo is as hard to get as it is. I'll return to recreational shooting when the market returns a bit.
I'm also beginning to think it may be time to set up the Dillon progressive press thats been sitting in the box since I bought in 2015 :eek:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Is this like Captain Jack Sparrow, running around, on that island, asking "Why is the rum gone ?"

Every time folks get a little antsy, everybody seems to think having a few thousand extra rounds, in the basement, will solve everything.

No need to join the GOA, or NRA, or anything, tho...

·
Live Free
2,998 Posts
I am just recently able to get in a little shooting after our cross country move. I am not too worried about the ammo shortages, but I am not going to shoot at the same rate I was a year ago either, at least until the supplies are more readily available.

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
I'm certainly glad that i have been a slow hoarder over the years. I don't buy what i need when i need but rather always buy a little extra before i need it. I'm not talking about ammo, more in the lines of reloading components though i do buy some but it's mostly rim fire or 7.62x39. If more people did this we wouldn't see these crunches this bad every 4 years or whenever something else happens that drives this. I bought a 1,000 primers the other day. I really didn't need them and only bought them because they were cheap. I could have bought 10,000 or more but again i didn't need them and I'm not the type of person who is going to wipe out the stock of a small shop and leave others without. The shop i was at also still had plenty of 8lb jugs of pistol and shotgun powder and at least 40 or more different types of 1lb containers. There is still stuff out there though i have been told by just about every shop i have been into the distributors are dry and are allocating most stuff to the big guys like buds and cheaper than dung.

I've been on vacation for the past week so inbetween doing some minor house maintenance and relaxing i managed to prep and clean most of my fired brass. After doing that i cleaned and lubed my machines(except for one) and reloaded 100rds for the garand, set up 1 dillon to get ready to load some 45acp. I have load of 38's i just put in the tumbler and i have to size my 9mm brass and clean them and then i'll prep that machine to load 9mm. Also set up the shotgun press and started loading some 12 gauge as well. I have some super hard lead and lino coming in the mail so i can start on mkaing more bullets too. I for one will still be shooting like i normally do, 400-600 rounds at least every other week.

Speed, set that machine up already!!!!

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,766 Posts
Why is the Ammo Gone?
Because the left have lost their collective minds, and the American people are worried.

·
Aim true !
10,716 Posts
I shot 100 rounds of 357 and 100 rounds of 45 colt today. Im thankful i learned how to reload.

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
I’m sitting very well in some calibers but not all that I shoot. My brother is a ammo wholeseller and I still don’t have all the ammo I want. Lots of .22 LR but almost no .38/357. 9mm and .45ACP is ok. Less than 100 rounds of Garand food but a good amount of 5.56 and 7.62x39. Since I just got my first 380, I haven’t got a single round.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
i will buy more ammo in calibers that i do not reload for....

....The future is "murky" at best.....firearm/ammo sales will continue to be in demand regardless of who wins in november...coupled with the threats of more civil unrest and a shaky economy......the Bolsheviks....disguised and renamed antifa.....are here.

Reactions: Bluwtr and Popeye

·
Aim true !
10,716 Posts
I think folks are either out of ammo around my area. Or are hanging onto what they have. I just got back from a brass round up. I was figuring with the long weekend i would make a killing on brass. I found 20 9mm casings and one live round. I also was shooting at the gun club 4 trips this weekend. Had the range to myself each trip. And no brass besides 22lr laying on the ground at the club. None in the trash barrel.

·
Registered
350 Posts
A fellow on our local site advertised 17 boxes of Federal9mm 124 gr. FMJ for $10 a box. Unfortunately, I was the 3rd one to PM him.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
330 Posts
I don’t have to read anything to know why. Factories are running round the clock third shifts to make ammo for months. Quit hoarding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
...and manufacturers are obligated to fulfill their military and police contracts so if there is not enough to go around, the civilian market suffers.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Jesus Saves
7,920 Posts
Let’s see how many U-haul trucks show up at the riots full of ammo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have not been to my gun club since the year started. They were closed until June, and now, I refuse to shoot with a mask on. So, that leaves me with "enough" of .38, .22, and shotgun ammo, plus a box of .44. The reason I have a fair amount of .38 is because wad-cutter has ALWAYS been hard for me to find. My brother-in-law just bought his first gun ever (Glock 9mm) at age 75.

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
I’m giving my P85 to my son (it’s the only 9mm I have) and all of my 9mm ammo. That’s about 800 rounds. I still have my 1911 and a thousand rounds. I’ve got some .38 SPL. and .357. I Sh#t load of .22 and 5.56 and 7.62x39. I always am well stocked with shotgun ammo.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts