National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What made you think you needed to carry a gun. I know I know, because the world is a bad place. BUT what was the turning point?

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
The more people who are licensed to carry, the safer we all are. The background checks we go through in Ohio are extensive. When you pass this kind of scrutiny, there's no doubt you are trustworthy with a firearm. ;)

G

·
i started carrying about 4 days after i became 21. when i walked in the local mall and 30sec later a kid not more than 15 was shot twice in the head outside the door i just walked threw. now you will never find me out of arms reach of a gun

G

·
Following the advise of a local Police watch commander, I started carrying about four years ago after receiving death threats from a couple disgruntled clients.

G

·
My job,
When you are trying to pin an arson or theft fraud on someone there is sometimes $250-$750k at issue. Ever hear of the Sullivan murder in Atlanta? Mrs Sullivan was killed by a hit man disguised as a floral delivery man. He shot her point blank. A divorce was underway and Mr Sullivan was a millionaire. Following the murder over $500k of valuables disappeared.

Sullivan eventually fled to Thailand and was located and returned only last year. Google Sullivan, Atlanta, GA and you will get bunches of hits. I worked on that case along with a close friend, now dead of cancer.

Also on cheap cases, they are usually in the 'hood. I was dead ended one day and trying to turn around when 4 brothers surrounded my vehicle.
One shouted "how do you plan to get outta here, white bread?"
Answer: With the 13 rounds in this Glock as I display my pistol. They always scatter.

In my 39 year career I have caused three men to go to federal prision, over a dozen to GA state pens. Currently there is still one in jail, another died there. I have had countless death threats.
QED

G

·
Started carrying a Model 36 in 1965 when I got out of the Army.

Got my first CHL in 1984.

Why??

Because if I don't exercise my Constitutional Rights, who will do it for me ??

Doug

G

·
because i wanted to exercise my right before the powers that are gathering world wide influence the government to rescind this right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts