National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else out there that prefers revolver over auto's? :shock: I shoot my guns for pure pleasure and I like the old revolvers better. Oh there's a few that I use for home defense and carry that I put in some serious time with. When I am just shooting to relax I use a revolver every time. :eek: If I head out in the woods I take a couple of revolvers with me, and I always take a couple to the range. For many years I was an over the road truck driver and to release the tension I would go shooting or ride my motorcycle. :mrgreen:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I like my Ruger Redhawk .44 mag over anything else. It's a little more expensive to shoot and I can't really carry it like I can my XD .40. Here are a couple of pics.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that sure is a good one you got there Mr Gunzzi. Love them Rugers as I got 2 Security-Six's both .357's and a New model .22/.22mag. I was looking for a used Redhawk at shows for about a year and never could fine one. Heck I couldn't even find new ones. They sell fast around here. Good luck with that beauty you got. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Baldy said:
Now that sure is a good one you got there Mr Gunzzi. Love them Rugers as I got 2 Security-Six's both .357's and a New model .22/.22mag. I was looking for a used Redhawk at shows for about a year and never could fine one. Heck I couldn't even find new ones. They sell fast around here. Good luck with that beauty you got. :)
Thanks! I shoot this better than I do my XD .40, but I shoot all revolvers better than I do semi's.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I shoot better with my 3-inch GP 100 than I do with any of my semi-autos. I don't know why, it just seems to fit my hand better....

Somewhere, in a perfect future, I will own a Colt Python 4-inch or one of those S&W 44 Special revolvers, those would be nice.....

G

·
I like them just fine, when something goes "bump in the night", it's hard to beat the comfort that a good revolver can impart!

Not to mention that they are great to train new shooters on, and just plain fun for those of us not so new shooters.

G

·
Count me in. Just got a New Vaq in 357 and took it to the range Sunday along with my 4 3/4 inch Colt single action in 44 special. Had a great time with them.

G

·
I have 3 simi-autos and about 10 or 11 revolvers (have not counted in some time) Revolvers are as follows: two break tops. One SSA, Three solid frame flip out cylinder. four or five sold fram pull pins.

G

·
I have a 22lr Excam Buffalo Scout looks good but keyholds, I think it was bored out for 22 mag. Just a cheap gun but fun to shoot.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I definitely prefer wheelguns. Nothing fits in my hand like a S&W K-Frame, but I also have and love to shoot several N-Frames, one J-Frame and a gorgeous Colt Python. It's probably because of my background, having been a Small Arms Instructor in the USAF back in the days we carried Mod 15s, and having been a police officer when wheelguns were the only sidearm allowed (at least in the agencies I worked for). My Mod 19 was my best friend, back then.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep! Back in the day when I started shooting the revolver was king. Auto's were mostly jam-o-matics unless you paid some gun smith about $200 to line it out for you. So they cost twice as much. I didn't get caught up in bottom feeders until about one year ago. My wifes got a good one and so do I. I got one plastic pistol and I think that will be all of them too. I don't know I just got a passion for steel and wood revolvers. :D

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Shot my first revolver at 15 - my .32 Colt Police. Still have it but it is my only one. Started with M1911 A1 when I was 18 and fell in love with semi-autos and never looked back - sorry. :cry:

Not! :lol:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I made the mistake of selling a 6" Colt Python back in 1979 for a mere $400. I have been sorry ever since. I watch them go up in value and remember the smooth clicking action as that hammer came back. The finish was unlike anything I have seen since, in Royal Blue it was like multiple coats of clear lacquer had been applied.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
For a dyed -in-the-wool S&W man, I sure love the smoooth action of this baby, born in 1978. ...and NO...she's NOT for sale!!

The smoothest Smith I have would be this Mod. 57:

For smooth, fun, and holy terror on coyotes, there's this Mod. 610:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts