National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have shot trap and skeet since I was 15, anybody else shoot?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive been shooting skeet and trap since age 12. and most recently i was captain of my squadrons skeet team.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Shooting trap since I was 14 and skeet since 22.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I just started shooting trap. Perhaps some here would be willing to give me advice on a good o/u trap gun.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just started this year (sporting)...I'm shooting a Browning Citori 30 in. (mod over imp fixed)...also a Rem. GE for skeet 26 in. (trying different chokes)...and a Rem. 1100...Mostly just havin' fun... ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do a little trap sometimes. Just the easy stuff most of the time. Not much skeet or SC.... I use my Remington 11-87, 12ga...

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Melanie and I have been shooting Trap since 1992. I shoot a Browning Citori Trap for doubles, and a Browning BT-99 Plus for singles. Melanie shoots 2 Beretta A-390's. We both reload for Trap as well. Bill T.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Only every once in a while.

A friend of my brother has a farm, he built a shed on top of a hill to house the thrower and the clays.

It's lots of fun, if I just go with it and don't overthink.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow Trap and Skeet... I was an avid Trap shooter for 5 years during High School. I won the Florida state junior title 4 years in a row. Two Southern Zone championships and several trophies and titles from the Grand American. Thats how I got my name. Shotgun from shooting the shotguns which I use a Krieghoff by the way and 377 from the number i hit consecutively. I missed the 378th but hit the rest for 399x400. My record was 977x1000. Oh well gave it up for college and the US Army

·
love the UK envy the US
785 Posts
i shoot trap & skeet but i have to say i like sporting and dtl best

·
Registered
826 Posts
I honestly dont know the difference, but I just got into shooting clays with my buddies, and I absolutely love it! I bought a Benelli Nova to use, and the thing is phenominally awesome. The second day of shooting (second day of ever shooting a shotgun of any kind) I was blasting 3 clays at a time with 3 shots with my buddy throwing them by hand, and I enjoy the heck out of it.

Ive only done it on 3 different days so far, and Ive already put over 2000 shells through my gun lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
Don't shoot as much now. Have shot a lot of skeet - Won some competitions. Have shot trap just mess'in around. Have shot more sporting clays than trap. Was in a school fund raising sporting clay 4-man team match last spring - We didn't place but will enter again.

·
Banned
8 Posts
I have been shooting Trap for 11 months. I love it! Shoot 3 times a week.
I also shoot some Skeet and Sporting.
My new fun game is Doc Adams.
Targets thrown from the Trap house and shot from the Skeet stations. It is kinda like a club version of Sporting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts