National Gun Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
AZHerper
4,704 Posts
I never stopped going to the range. Got plenty of time in and no need for masks due to the fact that my club's ranges are all open air. Went through a couple of thousand rounds of pistol ammunition as well.
Masks don't work for covid anyway and, if you're in open air, that totally nullifies the need for one.

·
AZHerper
4,704 Posts
My son and i went out yesterday a little bit before it got hot to test fire our SW 10'S. He did better than me shooting his D/A one than i can shooting S/A. I told him take care of him self and keep the nerves healthy. ( Avoid neuropathy ) And hope he don't get arthritis. They both liked loads with unique over bullseye.
Bullseye is kind of fast even for a Model 10 but it's OK. My wife had one and I used Unique. I think about 6.0 gr behind 125 gr JHP.

·
Aim true !
11,950 Posts
I like Unique a lot for wheel guns. Im also getting better at the casings not sooting bad from it. Donny Summers from Summers enterprises told me a good tip. He said don't be afraid to use a good crimp. He told me this. After i asked if he made BHN 12 in 45 cal to use in my SW 25. Well i did as he advised and been shooting his 16-17 BHN boolets in it. And no leading. So i been doing a good crimp across the board. Great guy to talk to. He said call any time.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
90 Posts
After my reply a couple of weeks ago, my 12 y.o. grandson tore himself away from video games and asked if we could shoot this weekend :D:D Like the commercial, "Heck yeah; HECK YEAH!"
We've already got the 4 rules down, sight picture, press, breathing etc. So today (7/17) we went out with the open sighted 10/22 and 2-7x scoped marlin .22 bolt action just for fun, to put the lessons into effect. Beware! the kid is deadly on clay pigeons at 30+/- yards. .22 stash for him, big bore reloads for me.

-jb, biodegradable, fun exploding clay bringing him back for more

·
Aim true !
11,950 Posts
Awesome Jeff. We like shooting at clays too. I gather them up from the skeet field when we get to the gun club.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Weather has not been kind, raining pretty much nonstop these past few weeks, with other commitments occupying my time on the few nice days we've had. Might be able to get up to the range next weekend, if the weather holds.

Reactions: Philmo11
21 - 26 of 26 Posts