National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am not an American but I am planning on moving to the land of the free and home of the brave, I want to live in a gun friendly state but 1 that isn’t to hard to live in, as in cost of living everything that is available there what jobs are available and homes, and everything else.
I am British so I am not used to American culture but I have always wanted to be an American, I’ve always felt like an American, but sadly I was born in the wrong country, anyway my main point/question, is out of all states which 1 is the best to move to own guns and start a life there.
thank you for your time.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,458 Posts
I want to live in a gun friendly state but 1 that isn’t to hard to live in, as in cost of living everything that is available there what jobs are available and homes, and everything else.
Texas

Reactions: m5215

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Not California, high taxes, highest gas prices, high housing cost, high illegal population, highest gun control laws and generally a bunch of douche bag politicians around. We do have a nice beach.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Didn't you post this question before, a week or two ago? Losing track of where you've been sherlock?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,088 Posts
^^^ that's a fair point. ^^^
Pretty much any state would be better than the UK with regards to guns even the anti-gun states.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A serious response. We have some shifting sands right now. For the current picture, you might consult Guns & Ammo's "Best States for Gun Owners 2020" which you can find online. Arizona has been the top of the list for several years, but along with Texas, is getting infiltrated by California expats. Arizona just got a blatantly anti-gun Senator. So we don't know how long they will stay up there. The states with most solid conservative majorities, so states that are less likely to shift to the left are:
1. Mississippi
2. Wyoming
3. Alabama
4. West Virginia
5. South Dakota
6. Tennessee
7. Oklahoma
8. Louisiana
9. Utah
10. South Carolina

Out of those, only Utah is a big California expat destination. I would also honorably mention Missouri and Kansas. They have been pretty solidly pro-gun for a while. How all this will shake out in the future is anyone's guess, but any of those states are going to still be way ahead of the UK.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Texas, jobs are a plenty for people who are smart and not afraid of hard work. Cost of living is pretty good in comparison to the rest of the country. Housing is affordable, but starting to get expensive. Just try not to move into the big cities like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin. We have our share of loony liberals but they generally stay in the city.
Gun laws are not the best in the US but still pretty good.
Great TexMex and Texas BBQ.
And of course the Best looking women all come from Texas.
And of course who doesn't want to be a Cowboy!

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
Not NY! We have high everything, gas, taxes, gun regulations and half the population.

·
Jesus Saves
8,055 Posts
Hello I am not an American but I am planning on moving to the land of the free and home of the brave, I want to live in a gun friendly state but 1 that isn’t to hard to live in, as in cost of living everything that is available there what jobs are available and homes, and everything else.
I am British so I am not used to American culture but I have always wanted to be an American, I’ve always felt like an American, but sadly I was born in the wrong country, anyway my main point/question, is out of all states which 1 is the best to move to own guns and start a life there.
thank you for your time.
Which president of the USA do you like the best?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pennsylvania is also a gun friendly state. You walk into a gun store, find a gun you like, fill out the paperwork, they do an instant background check on you, and if you pass the instant background check, you walk out with the gun. Also, if you stay away from the bigger cities in Pennsylvania, the cost of living there is low...I mean, they have a state income tax of 3.07%, and when you retire, you pay no state income tax on your retirement income or your Social Security income.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I left Illinois 31 years ago for Arizona, and we've never looked back. Now retired living in Lake Havasu City. Beautiful place with a great gun club, and very few minorities. Mohave County voted 82% for Trump.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't get people saying texas. Y'all only just got concealed carry a couple years ago and you have to jump through hoops to get a permit. Are you even shall issue or is it may issue. Your right to carry can be voided by a simple sign in a window. I carry all the time walking past no gun signs. Worst they can do is ask me to leave.

As far as what state goes, guess it depends on your profession. I'll tell you about Alabama though. On the technology side, this state growing tremendously. In N AL. Alone, we have a Toyota engine plant and a huge mazda/Toyota plant soon to open. Polaris has a new plant, blue origin has a rocket plant, Boeing has a rocket plant and every DOD contractor under the sun is here. Airbus, hyundai, kimber, styer, a little further south. Cost of living, taxes and real estate are low. Yes there is some old south here but this state is growing and our gun laws are pretty good. Open carry is legal, concealed is a form away and constitutional is up for a vote this session. Tons of ranges including the nicest in the country, CMP in talladega. Some of the best boating in the country as well, the TN. river is one of the best fishing and boating Rivers in the nation, we have some of the cleanest lakes and the gulf of mexico. Schools can be great or terrible depending on the area. Still a lot of poverty here and it shows by some of the rural schools. I wish the growth would stop to be honest, cause with growth comes Yankees and liberals.

·
Jesus Saves
8,055 Posts
I left Illinois 31 years ago for Arizona, and we've never looked back. Now retired living in Lake Havasu City. Beautiful place with a great gun club, and very few minorities. Mohave County voted 82% for Trump.
What part of illinois? I have a few friends that moved there many years ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thank you for your time.
Most of the Southern states are gun friendly.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts