Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these rifles would you prefer?

-remington 700
-howa 1500
-weatherby vangaurd 2
-ruger american

thankyou for feedback, Im new to hunting rifles(yes I will be hunting with it):machinegun:

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
The first three are very nice rifles. I just brought home a Remington 700 today and it is a very good shooter.
My Weatherby Vanguard is in 308 and it shoots nice as well.
My Dad has a Howa in 270 and he loves it.

Whick one do you like the best? They are all a little different in things like safeties, magazines, bolt throws, etc. Pick the one you like and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Why not just get one of each?

Lot of difference in that list, and "Remington 700" covers a whoooooooooole lot of ground in and of itself.

But given my druthers, the 700, then the Ruger for a truck gun.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,975 Posts
It depends on what caliber I was wanting to shoot and where/how I would be using it.

BTW, the Remington has different models, such as the ADL, BDL, SPS, VTR, etc. Can you narrow it down?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
The Remington 700 is legendary and for good reason. I trained with one in the military and have owned them for civilian use. If it's not the finest bolt gun ever made, it's certainly in the top five.

The Howa and the Weatherby are made in Japan in the same plant on the same production line. I own one of each. They're tack drivers. The .22-250 AI does 1/2 minute at 100 yds. The .243 is pretty close to that.

The Ruger American is getting some great reviews and I have sold a couple of them to some very happy hunters, but it doesn't have the longevity to tell me that it's going to be a classic.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I have a 700 SPS Varmint (the long barreled version) in .17 Fireball that will shoot under 1/2" at 100. Would get an SPS in .308 in a heartbeat if I was in the market for such a thing.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
The first 3 come from foreign countries - New York, Japan, and California respectively, so that leaves the Ruger American as the only domestic product. My choice...just because I've always wanted to try one... a Savage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts