National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. If I were to buy a .22 Ruger pistol, which would be a better choice: the original MKIII or the 22/45 MKIII?

I know the original has a similar grip angle to the Glock's, but I have no problem shooting both steep and shallow grip angled guns. If I buy the regular Mark III, would it hurt me in terms of learning to shoot shallow angle grips (basically anything other than Glock or Luger)? I'm a new shooter and want to master the basics.

Thank you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Greetings...

The /45 means it's the same grip angle as a 1911...

As for all these - "What's best for me" type of questions - the only good answer that anyone else can give you is:

Go to a gun store and try them both out and choose the one that's best for you...

Simple Test:
Pick up the gun, without using the sights and aim it at the stuffed animal head hanging near the ceiling across the room - all good gun stores have one - if they don't - RUN, don't walk away from that store!! (BUT! - put the gun back on the counter first!)
Intuitively aim at the eye - Now look at the sights - If you're way off, the grip angle is not your naturally pointing grip angle - Get the other one...

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
They are both great guns. The advice you have gotten so far is sound. Buy the one that feels the best. Its a win-win situation.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have both of them in the Mark II version and enjoy shooting them both. The 22/45 is easier to take down since the barrel comes off the plastic frame easier. But the steel version is no doubt stronger.

I like the bull barrels and also have a Mark I version since the 1970's that is still as good as new. Never any issues with any of my Rugers.

·
Dong Tam, RSVN '69/'70
3,428 Posts
I am thinking from your post that you already have a Glock. If that is true than the solution to your problem is a .22 LR conversion kit for your Glock.

The kit is cheaper than buying a .22 pistol and is perfect for target shooting, survival scenarios, or learning basics....

http://www.glockworld.com/category/1718_22_LR_Conversion_Kits.aspx

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts