National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None. The 1911 was designed to carry 7 in the mag. I have had far less problems with 7 round mags (even relatively cheap ones) that I have had with some of the very best 8 rounders.

Anytime I carry a 1911 it is with the best quality 7 round mags that I have. And those carry mags have gone through several hundred rounds in that particular gun without problem to qualify for carry.

Both Wilson and McCormick make very good mags. After testing they almost always make the cut for my carry. I have never been all that impressed by Colt's 1911 mag. they are not bad, just that there is not really anything special about them.

Your mileage may vary

Jon Kruger
President Anvil Arms LLC
Lakeland, FL.

Manufacturer of AR15/M16 type weapons
Class III Dealer

[email protected]
http://www.anvilarms.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kahr MK9.

7+1 147grn JHP
+ one, 8rd spare

When it's 110 out, I'm in shorts and my carry is the Kahr.

No worries.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wilson Combat. I carried a Commander for years (before going to the Dark Side) and used Wilson 8-rounders with complete satisfaction. Took multiple classes (LFI, ASAA, etc.) with 'em and also shot more matches than I care to remember. They work great.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jon-Anvil_Arms said:
None. The 1911 was designed to carry 7 in the mag. I have had far less problems with 7 round mags (even relatively cheap ones) that I have had with some of the very best 8 rounders.

Anytime I carry a 1911 it is with the best quality 7 round mags that I have. And those carry mags have gone through several hundred rounds in that particular gun without problem to qualify for carry.

Both Wilson and McCormick make very good mags. After testing they almost always make the cut for my carry. I have never been all that impressed by Colt's 1911 mag. they are not bad, just that there is not really anything special about them.

Your mileage may vary

Jon Kruger
President Anvil Arms LLC
Lakeland, FL.

Manufacturer of AR15/M16 type weapons
Class III Dealer

[email protected]
http://www.anvilarms.com
Truer words were never spoken. I have 8 rd mags, but I only load 7 rds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
red-rider said:
Oh dear God, We've had this argument before. :D
I didn't think we had arguments on this forum?
All differences shall be settled on the field of honor.
My choice of weapon is my 250 round paintball gun, last one that can see through their visor is the weiner.
--Slap....Slap....sound of glove hitting face.
Do you want a second, suh?

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
whompuss said:
red-rider said:
Oh dear God, We've had this argument before. :D
I didn't think we had arguments on this forum?
All differences shall be settled on the field of honor.
My choice of weapon is my 250 round paintball gun, last one that can see through their visor is the weiner.
--Slap....Slap....sound of glove hitting face.
Do you want a second, suh?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
SheNine said:
ROFLMAO!
I've never seen off-brand H&K mags worth a hoot, so that settles that for me. If I'm carrying my wheelgun, I kinda like SafariLand's speedloader, but I can't find one that fits 7 or 8 rounds!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts