National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking for a new plinking and varmit gun. I want a more tactical style gun and am looking at the S&W 15 22, Ruger 10/22 with either a christy & christy stock or the bullpup stock, or maybe the Walther G22. I want a gun that is fun to shoot and decently accurate. Let me know your oppinions or if you know of any other guns I might like.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the S&W 15-22, do not know the ammo count; but, it is over 5000 rounds. I have the Ruger Charger .22LR, it is the same a blast to shoot.

I have my eye on this little item:

Ruger SR-22

1226.jpg

·
Dong Tam, RSVN '69/'70
3,428 Posts
Having 3 or 4 tactical .22 rifles, I recommend theS&W MP15-22. It has been my experience comparing it with everything else from the Sig down to the Armscor that it gives the best bang for the buck. Mine will outshoot AR's with .22 conversion kits.

I have one that I shoot nothing but CCI Stingers out of. Stingers are one of the recommended ammunitions S&W recommends in the owners manual.

I have put 2500 rounds through the gun and I have yet to clean it at all. I keep it lubed with Slip 2000 and have not had any failures to do anything at all.

I am very interested in seeing how much dirt it takes to cause malfuctions......

The one weak point is the trigger. When new it is a bit gritty. There are 2 fixes. You can buy a set of 3 and a half pound springs from J&B which is the quickest fix and only costs about 10 or 12 dollars to do. You can also just keep shooting it and it will smooth out with use. Either way, it is not enough of a problem IMHO to stop someone from buying the gun.

One more thing... I think I bought extra mags from Midway and they were only about $13 I believe.

Don

·
1911 addict
1,040 Posts
A bullpup stock on a Ruger 1022 makes the trigger long and mushy. I sold the stock shortly after buying it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts