National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As for me: I was suppost to got to work (I had a load on my truck and took the day before off and was suppost to leave out on my way to Temple TX on that morning)!

I called the company and told them that the load was going to be a day late as I was not going to leave out that day. They understood!

I was just too tore up to even think about driving the truck that day!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was working from home. Before work, I turned on the TV because I always watched the morning news prior to working, as I needed weather reports and my job was outside, so the weather was extremely important.

The next thing I knew, it was about 11:00am and I finally called my boss to check in... asked if he had heard what happened, and he essentially said they've sent everyone home for the day because they knew nothing was going to get done, and told me to work if I wanted or to take the day off and reflect.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I was having a bagel and coffee with a friend, who's husband is an American Airlines pilot. She got a call from her mother who had seen it on the news. As you can imagine she was panicked as her hubby was flying to the west coast, and we had no idea what was going on.

I remember going straight to my daughters school and bringing her home, calling my son and husband and telling them to come home. I didn't want to be alone! We spent the whole afternoon riveted to the TV in total shock!

Life definitely changed that day.................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had my regular moment ,was ready to enjoy my second cup of coffee,MSNBC was on the TV,then the World changed,as Rome did many years before.

·
Registered
957 Posts
At the time I was working second shift, I would stay up 'till 4 in the morning and sleep 'till 12 or 1 in the afternoon. That morning I woke up, bright eyed and bushy tailed and got out of bed, turned on the tv just in time to see the second plane hit. Until that, I thought "what a horrible accident", then after the second plane, I knew we were at war. I never cared much about politics until then.

That part about my sleep patterns dont sound that important, but I NEVER get up early. Always been a late sleeper. Something caused my to get up that morning (mass consciousness?).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was at work. Had my hood down welding when I heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into one of the towers. DAMM, I thought. A little while later I heard that another plane had crashed into the second tower. I took my hood off and turned up the radio when my wife called me.....................I will never forget.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Tuesdays were a regular day off. I worked nights and often stayed on my regular schedule, so I was still awake from the previous night. The "Today Show" was on, which was strange because I seldom watch that drivel. I saw the first tower burning while passing through the living room and stood there in horror as the second plane hit.

My wife was at work and called to tell me what she heard and ask whether it was true. I told her yes and continued loading magazines. I don't know why. I just felt the need to be prepared for God knows what. I then went to a place downtown that takes blood donations but the place was full, had a long line but was making appointments. They told me to come back after 18:00, that they would be open late that day. I then headed down to the gas station with every single gas container we owned (about 75 gallons worth). There was a long line there, too, as you might imagine.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was sitting, being bored out of my mind, in my 1st hour world history class my sophomore year of high school when the room phone by the door rang. The teacher, Mr. Zorn, walked over, answered, listened, hung up, walked to his desk in the opposite corner, grabbed the tv remote and turned the tv on to CNN. The first tower was smoking, and the second one was still intact. I remember seeing the second plane hit a few minutes later, and then watching them fall. All before 2nd hour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts