National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lest I be cast into the "+1"-er group which is obviously frowned upon here... I better learn to "like"...

I don't see it (a 'like' option) on the screen anywhere... Here's a screen shot

Capture+_2019-10-12-06-56-48_1570881603745.png

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha 🙂

I would like to give posts an occasional like ... I wonder if the "mobile version" of the software which kicks-in when I'm on my Android phone is the culprit?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,264 Posts
your finger is the cursor.

I view the forum on a phone sometimes and I exit the mobil version and view the desktop version (prefer it anyway) and I am able to "like" posts on my phone.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Your "enhanced" version may not have it. Try reverting back to the old standard ver.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
On your phone, in the lower right of a post try poking in the corner and like should appear. If it doesn't, keep poking in the corner, if still nothing you may have to switch to the desktop version. To do that, in the upper left of your screen will be a series of line, highlight that and you will get a drop down box and at the bottom it will say "exit enhance mobile view. click that and another screen will appear wanting to make sure that is what you want. I have to do it a few times before it takes. I prefer the desktop version. Like button is in the same location.

edit: I just tried the mobile version and it doesn’t seem to works. Probably only on desktop version.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys rock...

Yes, thank you... Works fine on desktop version (just not on enhanced mobile version)

Appreciate the help and I'll switch back to the desktop version to use the "like" option as appropriate 🙂

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You shouldn't have to switch back and forth. My phone and website remembers I prefer the desktop version.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have to hover my cursor above and to the right of reply with quote for the the ''like'' to appear.
That really bugs me. It's not like they're recovering content space by hiding the like button. There's no gain in hiding it but there is loss in user experience. If I had a vote - which I don't, my vote would be for it to show all the time.

·
Administrator
370 Posts
That really bugs me. It's not like they're recovering content space by hiding the like button. There's no gain in hiding it but there is loss in user experience. If I had a vote - which I don't, my vote would be for it to show all the time.
That actually shouldn't be the case and sounds like an error. Presently like is visible on desktop 100% of the time. The Mobile View should also show the likes. Can you provide your device data? I'd like to try and replicate it to trouble shoot.

Kyle

·
Aim true !
9,464 Posts
Today the like is showing and then not showing as i scroll. Google chrome. OS windows 10.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,264 Posts
Like does not show for me on any device unless I cursor onto the post I want to like.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That actually shouldn't be the case and sounds like an error. Presently like is visible on desktop 100% of the time. The Mobile View should also show the likes. Can you provide your device data? I'd like to try and replicate it to trouble shoot.

Kyle
Windows 10 Professional,
Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Internet Explorer 11.805.17763.0
Edge - I couldn't find a version but it's the latest.

All of them behave the same; the Like link (not a button) only shows when the mouse cursor is in the area of a post and only shows for that post. Move to another post and the like on the first one hides and the next one shows.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
Hmmm. I figured it was an intelligence test. The 'Like' buttin shows up on about 50% of posts but its in the same place for all posts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Kyle
Using NGF enhanced mobile version... on an LG6 Android based phone

Capture+_2019-10-16-07-32-41_1571229246188.png

1 - 20 of 20 Posts