National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
17,528 Posts
I'm here with my weird hours/schedule.

· Aim true !
14,173 Posts
If you want a super busy forum. The cast boolets one. It's hard to keep up there. If i take a few days off from there. The unread post count is close to a thousand and more sometimes. But ill say with all the traffic there. I don't see any trolls. I go to my profile and check on threads im involved in to see what is new in them. I like it here the best.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you want a super busy forum. The cast boolets one. It's hard to keep up there. If i take a few days off from there. The unread post count is close to a thousand and more sometimes. But ill say with all the traffic there. I don't see any trolls. I go to my profile and check on threads im involved in to see what is new in them. I like it here the best.
Yeah, that’s a bit much.

· Registered
18,042 Posts
I'm on most every day. Don't post much because if I can't help somebody out or somebody else has already offered my suggestion I just let it go, but I'm here almost every day.

Mike
You have to help someone????? I just come here to shoot the breeze, not helping anyone but myself.

· Registered
302 Posts
I belong to seven different gun related forums and one car forum. Some days, it is hard to keep up with several active threads I am posting to on several forums. Other times, there is nothing that interests me for several days.

· Registered
6,726 Posts
well..........for months now guns and ammo have been hard to get.....and the majority of the talk has seemed to turn political. To be honest......the more political talk about legislative actions, pending elections...coupled with the doom and gloom potential for our Country......................its depressing.

I know we need to be viligant and informed.......but sometimes we seem more of a political board instead of a gun board......more so this covid/rioting election year it seems.

some reports in the news about "covid burn-out"....as people have been bombarded with so much negative information that they are now ignoring covid and procedures.......perhaps the same thing here with all the troubles and constant barrage of negative news this election year......burnout.

· Jesus Saves
8,652 Posts
I think it's an accumulation of this year AND the format change. I noticed a drop inactivity when we switched formats in the forum, not only here but a few others that are under the same administrators.

· Aim true !
14,173 Posts
I found the ruger site. Just before the change over. Some have left because they didn't like the new format. After you get used to it. It's not so bad.

One thing i miss here. Is when gundeals posted the daily find. It was always there when i logged in. Since the change over i have not noticed his post.

· Last Stand on Earth
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well..........for months now guns and ammo have been hard to get.....and the majority of the talk has seemed to turn political. To be honest......the more political talk about legislative actions, pending elections...coupled with the doom and gloom potential for our Country......................its depressing.

I know we need to be viligant and informed.......but sometimes we seem more of a political board instead of a gun board......more so this covid/rioting election year it seems.

some reports in the news about "covid burn-out"....as people have been bombarded with so much negative information that they are now ignoring covid and procedures.......perhaps the same thing here with all the troubles and constant barrage of negative news this election year......burnout.
That sounds like a fair assessment. I have been doing my best to avoid those political threads but sometimes it just ticks me off. I’m sure you can tell by the temperament of my responses. Until we have our nominee on SCOTUS and Trump re-elected, I no longer care.

I want us to go back to gun talk. That may be hard for some as not everyone is doing well financially and with guns and ammo through the roof, even going to the range hurts the pocket book.

We have also had a wave of new members that have gotten under the skin lately. Some just don’t know any better and some just down right disrespectful. You’ll have that, just more than usual.

· Registered
1,658 Posts
Same on the other forum I go on a lot. They had a format change too. Plus a lot of folks have a lot on there plates right now. I'm retired more or less so things they worry about I tend not to so much.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
I'm here less than I used to but I'm still shooting as often as I was. My computer needed a little upgrade so I got into that trying to pick up the slack with the new stuff. Plus with fall there's a lot to do around the house

Reactions: Philmo11
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.