National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a place on your property where you can shoot or do you have to go to a range?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Man, I wish I had property to shoot on.

The only options for me are two ranges: the NRA (always packed with lines) or another range that has no Range Officers except for the counter guys who peek through a window occassionally.

And in DC traffic, both are a pain to get to except for early on Saturday and Sunday. It would take me over an hour to go the 15 miles during the evening.

And with the sprawl of the 'exurbs,' any land I could shoot on would be pretty far away.

G

·
In my home state, MO, i shoot oustide St. Charles near some cornfields on my buddy's land. I shoot my M9 and M4 at the Air Base, they give us free ammo, can't beat that.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I shoot at an old card lock indoor range. $120 per year. Targets are 30 cents each on the honor system. Its heated, has the fans and blowers, but its older, been around many years and is in the middle of old neighborhood.

In the summer I head out to the woods.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I shoot at a gun range about 25 miles from me. Not close but really not a pain to drive anywhere to shoot. Then my cousins have a chicken farm in Lawrence, MS a few hours from me that I visit now and then. Its in the middle of...nothing. I think bigfoot lives there :lol: . Ill stay the week to hunt deer, turkey, etc. In the offseason of hunting it sounds like war out there when we shoot for fun. Some call it "plinking", for us its more like a "big waste of ammo" or "doing our part to raise ammo prices" :---

G

·
I shoot about once a week at a semi-local range; about 15 miles from me. And with the price of gas and ammo constantly rising, I may have to cut back a bit :( .

G

·
I live in St. Peters Missouri(St. Louis suburb) & we have a good selection of places to shoot. I like to shoot at Busch Wildlife, they have a freshly renovated range for: Pistol, Rifle, Trap, Skeet. When it's too cold outside, I go to an indoor range called Top Gun Shooting Sports. It's climate controlled but it only has 6 lanes & a lot more $$.

-Matt

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
We used to shoot at a really cool outdoor range. Had an awesome pistol pit, and a 300yard rifle range. But alas, they closed down last month and now the closest range is an indoor that doesn't allow reloads, or big bores, and Hubby's toy-of-choice is his S&W .460XVR! :cry:

G

·
Theres an indoor range about half a block from my work, so at least once a week I go up there and unload a box or two. On the weekends, Im either found at the Wildlife Management area in their full range, or out on my buddies property hog or turkey hunting.
My weeks isnt finished till I've fired at least 4 guns. Two of my own, and two more(preferably ones ive never shot before)

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
I live in Brandon florida, most of the time I go to the indoor range, The name is Shoot Straight, Everyone should Know the name, Its the one they have been showing on TV cause of the college student Karim Moussaoui.

G

·
24 mile dead end and you go until you see shells. We usually get to around 20-22 miles of it and stop and unload. It even has a designated shooting area at the end of it. A little valley where people used to bring old tvs and even beater cars they'd leave and shoot up lol

G

·
good thing there is a firing range near my house. only 5 minutes walk the nearest and the other one will take 5 minute to drive.

G

·
I shoot at my brother's farm. Pistols only, but that's good enough for me.

also gives me a good excuse to upgrade my pistol collection ... :i:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I usually shoot off the back porch but lately it has been on the deck as there is too much snoe out back..

G

·
Wife will let me shoot .22 rifle in the back yard. Pistols(.22,.380, 9mm, .44spcl&mag, .45's) I have to go behind our barn about 60 yards from the house. For rifles I have to go to the back pasture, about 300 yards from the house where I have a 100 yard range set up!! Life in the country is GOOD!!!!!!! 'Mo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts