I'm not much of a follower, I'll be right at your side. :D

ccw said:
roger I got the tools and the ammo

2400 rounds of ak ammo

1000 rounds of .223

Im going to load up!

1000 rounds of 9mm lol.

you have the brains and skil!!!
I've got a few tools and would like a bit more ammo. I need a damn tactical shotgun, that is the only thing I am lacking. I think a shotgun is by far the best close range weapon you could have, I think I will pick one up very very soon. ;)

-Derek

G

·
What your mom does not realize is ... guns dont kill people, Guns are just a tool that happens to make it easier, just as a knife makes cutting steak easier or as a car makes getting around easier.
Guns dont kill people, people kill people.

G

·
Asian's are the population who thinks guns are bad and they will never learn. someone comes in with a gun demands money mom says give it to them. I say haha yeah right.

· Registered
569 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
What your mom does not realize is ... guns dont kill people, Guns are just a tool that happens to make it easier, just as a knife makes cutting steak easier or as a car makes getting around easier.
Guns dont kill people, people kill people.
Sometimes too easy such as Columbine HS and Virginia Tech.

G

·
I've got all my handguns - probably a couple hundred in the refrigerator. I've retrofitted
my three gun safes into actual refrigerators. Can you imagine the confusion that will
incur when my house is burglarised?
;)

· Registered
661 Posts
Which ones, mine or hers?
We have guns in the living room, rifles, a shotgun and pistols.
In the bedroom we have a couple of handguns.
All loaded. Empty guns are rather useless.
Makes it interesting when the grandkids come to visit. It takes some time to clear the area.

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I can see how the gun under the pillow routine might be a bit dangerous! I can see it now, you are dreaming that you are "Custer" and the Indians are all around you, and you grab your gun and start shooting! Then you wake up, bullet holes all over the ceiling! :eek: :eek: :eek:

· Registered
661 Posts
Been sleeping with guns close since my Army days.
Seems some, particularly non vets, have a problem with that.
Be prepared worked for the Boy Scouts and sure worked in the Army.
About once a year or more I have to let's say encourage illegals or people that think my acreage is good to exchange a drug haul that just came over the border. Unfortunately the illegals will try to steal your car to get further down the road. They tried twice in the last year to get my wife's truck. They don't want my old driver Olds. Maybe if I left the keys in it! I find a round over their had from the 12 gauge works well to clear the air.
Or maybe you are just having the wrong kind of dreams!! :oops:

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
keninaz said:
Been sleeping with guns close since my Army days.
Seems some, particularly non vets, have a problem with that.
Be prepared worked for the Boy Scouts and sure worked in the Army.
About once a year or more I have to let's say encourage illegals or people that think my acreage is good to exchange a drug haul that just came over the border. Unfortunately the illegals will try to steal your car to get further down the road. They tried twice in the last year to get my wife's truck. They don't want my old driver Olds. Maybe if I left the keys in it! I find a round over their had from the 12 gauge works well to clear the air.
Or maybe you are just having the wrong kind of dreams!! :oops:
So is that your dream and then you wake up and find a 12 gauge hole in the ceiling?? :eek: :eek: ;)

· Registered
661 Posts
I don't want to shoot them. It's our fault we don't enforce the laws that are on the books today.
However, I am not going to let them steal our car or truck so they can move on up the road.
On the other hand I am not going to suffer a loss because someone stole my car or truck. Insurance does not alway pay for everything.

G

·
red-rider said:
I got kids in the house, have to keep them locked in the safe. Not ideal, but I have to. I have taken the kids to the range to let them see that guns arent toys and stress gun safety to them. I grew up in a house with loaded guns in my reach and Dad taught me about guns early on. I try to pass those lessons on.
I have plenty of loaded guns in the house (in my bedroom) and my kids know better than to touch them. They both also have thier own guns that they get to shoot quite often. They also know that pretty much anytime we go anywhere that I have a gun on my person.

Both of my kids have been raised with guns in the house and have been taught how and when to use them.

I have tested them in the past (and still do on accation) by leaving a unloaded gun on the kitchen table or some other spot that they have easy access too (I am always to were I can see but they do not know that I am watching) and they do not even pay it any attention!

To them a gun is just another part of life that happens to be there like a chair in the dinning room.

If more kids were brought up this way there would be far less accidents with guns involeing kids!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.