National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
XD-40 Service In a holster on my nightstand... :cool:

I need to get a shotgun.... :cry:
Good call on the shotgun - make sure you have a few 00 shot and a few slugs just for those not so "deer" fellows that might drop by unannounced. :shock:

G

·
bat1159man said:
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
XD-40 Service In a holster on my nightstand... :cool:

I need to get a shotgun.... :cry:
Good call on the shotgun - make sure you have a few 00 shot and a few slugs just for those not so "deer" fellows that might drop by unannounced. :shock:
You know it! Should happen sometime in the somewhat-near future! :cool:

G

·
make sure you practice with it and shoot it enough that the action is reliable. and practice speed loads and select loads. never know when youll need these skills

G

·
leeindy said:
make sure you practice with it and shoot it enough that the action is reliable. and practice speed loads and select loads. never know when youll need these skills
Good call.....I practice as much as possible with all of my frearms....I don't own a "safe queen" and probably never will....they are tools, right?

· Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
leeindy said:
+1 agree with the practice. If you are going to use it for defense, make sure you have the weapon loaded and safed. The noise from racking a shell into the chamber or closing the barrels can alert any intruder and allow them to be prepared for you.

G

·
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
leeindy said:
Good call.....I practice as much as possible with all of my frearms....I don't own a "safe queen" and probably never will....they are tools, right?

yes tools..... of fun

G

·
remington 12 ga defender is standing behind bedroom door muzzle down ...just grap the pistol grip and point!

9mm on the nite stand in a holster unchambered. with maglite and walnut baton.

G

·
sewerman said:
remington 12 ga defender is standing behind bedroom door muzzle down ...just grap the pistol grip and point!

9mm on the nite stand in a holster unchambered. with maglite and walnut baton.

only thing your missing is tear gas and a stun gun

· Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
My safe is close and easy to get to. I am a light sleeper and wake up quickly. Think I can make it to the gun in time to protect my family. Safe is open when I am home and locked when I am not.

G

·
Copied from the Gun owners with Children thread:

My cousin lives in the same house as me the majority of the time (when at the grandparents.) She just learned how to crawl and is upstairs with the baby gate up at night. The Security Six stays on my nightstand for now (the .38 snubby under the mattress at Mom's, and the XD in a holster behind the bed at Dad's.) The only thing to worry about at Mom's are my step-siblings (both are 12) and they're in different rooms, my door stays locked and when I'm awake it's normally on my person or tucked under some things in the closet. Don't have to worry about anything at Dad's, it's just me and him with the AK in the corner of my bedroom, Sigma behind his bed, and XD behind mine.

G

·
xjedix said:
I keep my XD on my dresser on the other side of my room. I would really like to come up with something to attach to my holster to allow me to mount it between my mattress and box springs.

-Derek
great use for the xd gear holser

G

·
ccw said:
I live in a community with a security hehe:p
good luck doing that.
but hey you never know so yeah.
Thats what people say before they get raped or get killed
Thats what people said before 911.
When SHTF you follow me.

G

·
roger I got the tools and the ammo

2400 rounds of ak ammo

1000 rounds of .223

Im going to load up!

1000 rounds of 9mm lol.

you have the brains and skil!!!

G

·
ccw said:
you have the brains and skil!!!
no, you have 2 arms, for which to fire guns with.
and a brain, for which to learn more about guns with.
skill is just a word, describing thing that have been learned.
Survival is neccesity, mostly impulsive.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.