National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
The town where I call home is not very large with no real crime to speak of so I am lucky in that respect. I do have two young, inquisitive boys in my house so my wife makes sure that I keep my weapons and ammunition locked in a safe. That being said, my Japanese T-30 bayonet is right behind the headboard in case of emergency. It gets put away every morning as part of my "get up and go" ritual.

2,444 Posts
SpringfieldXD.40 said:
XD-40 Service In a holster on my nightstand... :cool:

I need to get a shotgun.... :cry:
Good call on the shotgun - make sure you have a few 00 shot and a few slugs just for those not so "deer" fellows that might drop by unannounced. :shock:

2,444 Posts
leeindy said:
make sure you practice with it and shoot it enough that the action is reliable. and practice speed loads and select loads. never know when youll need these skills
+1 agree with the practice. If you are going to use it for defense, make sure you have the weapon loaded and safed. The noise from racking a shell into the chamber or closing the barrels can alert any intruder and allow them to be prepared for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.