National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice safe next to my bed and all I do it put my hand on it and its spring loaded, so the front flaps down and I have my pistol in 4 seconds flat.

G

·
0 Posts
nightstand. I keep the gun unloaded but a loaded mag next to it.
all my other guns are locked in a safe in the closet.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you loose fine motor skills it will be pretty hard to get that gun loaded.... But, maybe not. considering you've done it over and over again :D

G

·
0 Posts
My masterbed room is downstairs and is where I sleep. If I have to slap a mag in and cock it that fast, it means they are inside and got past my two german shepards that sleep up stairs.

L

·
0 Posts
ive got a holster mounted to the bed under the nightskirt. it goes from my side to there then back again. always in arms reach

M

·
0 Posts
Night table drawer, still in holster. Spare mag and Surefire next to it.

J

·
0 Posts
No children in the house.

On my bedstand there is a store bought wooden box made to look like a leather bound book. Inside is my S&W 629 loaded with .44 Special cartridges.

B

·
0 Posts
Under the pillow next to me. I got a Dachsund that's better than a fire alarm to wake me.
Baldy....Me too. My Dachsund, Minnie, is my constant companion and the best alarm around. She and the S&W 586 in the nightstand gives me peaceful nights...:)
bard

L

·
0 Posts
in the classes i teach i dont recomend the under the pillow idea. accidents statistally happen more for this. i suggest putting it somewhere were you have to do something extra to get it. that way you have to wake up a little more before you start shooting. i have to raise the bed skirt. i know some people leave the pipe empty.

W

·
0 Posts
An unloaded gun is a paperweight.

I use the combination mini safe bolted to my bed rail. Four fingers in the slots and a quick press of the combo and the door pops open. My Glock 26 with 12+1 HydraShok 124 +P+ is ready to roll. Under the bed in an unzipped assault case is my tricked out Police Tactical Mossberg, 5 rounds of #4 buck. During the day it stays in a vertical wall safe in my closet recessed in between the studs hidden by clothes. I have a large, two story house, several handguns are kept in combination mini safes in various closets hidden by clothes so regardless of where I am I'm never far from protection. I'm nearing 65, severe arthritis, multiple surgeries, I'm helpless without an "equalizer."

Our little town has had several home invasions in the past year. My old friend was in his study when his wife answered the door for a floral delivery from an uniformed woman. After entering the foyer she pulled a revolver and demanded money. My 93 year old friend, a distinguised WWII vet, blindsided the woman and forced her to the floor. She quickly retrieved her revolver and ran the hell out. My friend's lament was that he didn't have a handgun in the study. Guns are useless unless they are accessable and loaded.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I got kids in the house, have to keep them locked in the safe. Not ideal, but I have to. I have taken the kids to the range to let them see that guns arent toys and stress gun safety to them. I grew up in a house with loaded guns in my reach and Dad taught me about guns early on. I try to pass those lessons on.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
The town where I call home is not very large with no real crime to speak of so I am lucky in that respect. I do have two young, inquisitive boys in my house so my wife makes sure that I keep my weapons and ammunition locked in a safe. That being said, my Japanese T-30 bayonet is right behind the headboard in case of emergency. It gets put away every morning as part of my "get up and go" ritual.

M

·
0 Posts
leeindy said:
accidents statistally happen more for this.
Can you provide a cite for those statistics? I wasn't aware of anything besides anecdotal evidence for this. A real study or survey would be interesting.

L

·
0 Posts
found it on msn a long time ago but since then the computer has crashed so i no longer have the link. it might not have been a statisic just the number of times its happened in recent years but the number was pretty high

·
Registered
569 Posts
In my closet next to my bed along with my AR15 and mucho ammo...lol.
I'd really like to get my hands on this Saiga 12k 12ga semi-auto w/8rd mag.
The perfect home defence weapon.

L

·
0 Posts
ive heard good things about those but i dont have kids yet. and i need another full size safe before i get one.

S

·
0 Posts
XD-40 Service In a holster on my nightstand... :cool:

I need to get a shotgun.... :cry:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts