National Gun Forum banner

Where do you like to shoot?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we all go to the range, but what do you prefer? Indoor, or outdoor?

G

·
Outdoor. The only non-member indoor range around here is really small, no range masters, and I'm not entirely sure their ventilation is completely up to code. Plus I like the experience of being outdoors when I go to shoot, not inside a warehouse.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I prefer an outdoor range that I frequent with different sections to pick from, for example a 100-200 yard rifle range, a pistol range and a clay target range for shotguns. Indoor ranges are mostly for handguns and maybe carbines and you cant really sight in a scope for long rifle shots. Breathing alot of gunsmoke or gunpowdwer particles is probably not a good idea in an indoor range with limited ventilation. We had an indoor range here but it was just purchased by the police department for officer training. I dont have a choice now but I always liked the outdoor better.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Outdoor

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I prefer outdoor, only get to shoot outdoors every couple of years at a farm owned by my brother's friend.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Outdoor, outdoor, outdoor! But the only outdoor range around here closed in March! :cry:

Haven't been shooting since ~ I'm in withdrawal................... -I

G

·
Since I live outside the city limits I often shoot handguns in my back yard. I prefer to go to a friend's farm.
No local shooting range but I'm trying to get one started.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
SheNine said:
whompuss said:
... No local shooting range but I'm trying to get one started.
I'm coming to live where you live! :mrgreen:
Run for your life Whompus, She9 is coming to town. Hide the babies, lock up your guns and ammo, make a sign that says "moved to Malibu", but don't move.

I also prefer to shoot outdoors, specially since I haven't ever shot at an indoor range.

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
My club's outdoor range. I prefer to be the only one there, and it usually works out that way.

G

·
definately out doors, my shoot'n is done starting at 300yrds and way beyond, definately outdoors on my property or competition at tulsa red castle gun club!

G

·
I prefer outdoors. Was a member of a great outdoor range up in PA when I lived up their. They had *everything*, even Pin Shooting tables. Moved to FL several years ago and the only thing I miss is that outdoor range, lol. Can't find an outdoor range near me in Tampa :( So, for the past few years I haven't shot much.

However, I recently found a very nice indoor range very close to me. Great ventilation. Even has a 100 yard indoor rifle range. Will be shooting much more now. I still can't find anyplace with Pin Shooting tables though :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts