National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
2:00 OWB which is also good for being in the car. It's reachable past the seatbelts.

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
Very slightly forward of 3:00.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Normally between 3:00 and 4:00, Rides and conceals better there for me.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Well Wag about the same position for me Kind of 2:30 to 2:45ish easier for me

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,673 Posts
During the summer usually 3:30 to 4:30. This winter, I'm going to try a shoulder holster at 9:00.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,073 Posts
Just behind my right hipbone unless I'm driving, then just in front of my left hipbone.

Reactions: budroe

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Pretty much the same as Popeye. Behind the right hipbone I go with a comp-tac minotaur IWB. Behind the wheel I go with a Mitch Rosen Counter car jacker crossdraw.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
During the summer usually 3:30 to 4:30. This winter, I'm going to try a shoulder holster at 9:00.
I'd be interested in hearing a report back on that. Price has to be an issue, there's gotta be lots more leather involved. But I'd guess you could carry a bigger weapon with a shoulder holster, which would be a good thing.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,673 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing a report back on that. Price has to be an issue, there's gotta be lots more leather involved. But I'd guess you could carry a bigger weapon with a shoulder holster, which would be a good thing.
I'll try to let everyone know. I like to carry a larger firearm, however in summer with just a golf shirt or t-shirt that doesn't fly when trying to go concealed. And in the winter months when a heavy jacket is required, drawing from a IWB or OWB holster is more problematic due to moving garments out of the way.

This is what I'm thinking about getting ...... Amazon.com : Galco Vertical Shoulder Holster System for Sig-Sauer P226, P220 (Black, Ambi) : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors
And yes, price is an issue here too.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
I used a shoulder Holster in my carry development years ( trying holsters of every design including a shoulder holster ), I Used a shoulder holster during hunting season, worn in open carry. Its comfortable to transport a big weapon,, I carried a 6 inch Python 357 mag.
A shoulder holster does not qualify " To ME " as a quick access holster for defense.... This is just my opinion...and my experience..
IN the winter I carry in a large coat pocket using a Mikes pocket holster designed to cover the trigger.. I can walk around with my hands in my pockets on a cold day and be " at the ready " if a threat becomes an issue without opening my coat or unbuttoning or un zipping.. IM only trying to save you the cost of this shoulder holster and its inability to access quickly for defensive draw. AS a 40 year conceal carry guy, I've spent the last 15 years of it with pocket carry, and have been extremely happy with my ability to access it quicker and with out telegraphing my readiness. I Never have to wonder.. should I unbutton or unzip? so I can get under my coat to access my weapon. because there is a potential threat or a possible threat ahead.
Bill aka ET

·
Registered
Navy Vet
2,881 Posts
I am right handed. I carry a .38 special or a .357 magnum, cross draw at 9:00, whether it be concealed or open carry. And once again, open carry only in a hunting, hiking, field, forest situation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts