National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Its the price of metals, its all going up, brass, lead, copper. I got an email forwarded from my local club with some correspondance from a couple ammo manufacturers griping about the metal prices a month or so ago. I cant explain why I bought a pound of powder the other day and it was 3 bucks higher than 6 months ago, maybe transportation costs. Last week I bought 2000 bullets and they were 60/thou+10 bucks shipping. Its all going up. I checked several days ago on bullets for the 45 at midway and they were out of stock for most everything. I was thinking there was a run on components going on.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Besides the metal prices going up, remember there is a shooting war in Iraq and Afganistan. Our miitary and allies are chewing through ammo. And, from some of the pictures I have seen of captured weapons/ammo caches, the bad guys are getting a good deal of the mil-surp ammo we got spoiled on. If my memory serves me, the Saudis placed an order for 50 million 7.62X30 and 5.52X39 rounds. That ain't all going to their army, a good deal of it is going to Al Queda. Our buddies...

G

·
The war.

The cost of metals. I noticed on one of the business channels the other day, the stock market was tanking, gold and silver were down, brass was up.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres what I heard.... (SOOOO long im going to bed after this....)

There are only a couple plants overseas that manufacture the 7.62...... The Taliban or whatever says, "Hey give me all the ammo or I will blow your plant up". Now, I dont know about you but a little plant in the middle of nowhere is one simple task for these guys..... Considering they knocked down the two largest towers in North America...... As soon as the ammo hits the docks its loaded up and sold to the taliban...

----Just what I heard from the local gossip----

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That sure does not explain why I can't find a very big supply of lead reloading bullets at Sportsmans Warehouse anymore. Oregon Trail has dried up the supply for some reason. They say the war and that China is buying up metals like crazy and paying high prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.