National Gun Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

· love the UK envy the US
785 Posts
my dog is just an alarm at the moment we are teaching him a little all the time, my old black lab was the most gentle dog ever but when some guy jumped our fence she went into the yard like the tazmanian devil,had the guy backed into the corner and screaming for help,turns out he was the neighbours pal and was in the wrong yard he never got mixed up again.

· Registered
734 Posts
Thats good. And I can't tell you what someone's dog will do cause I don't know them.

Both of ours have been trained. But one is a bit more submissive, so he isn't likely to do anything unless ordered to do something.

Now my big male is a different story.

Yesterday a friend of our neighbor was over helping him work on his truck and D.O.G was pacing back and forth at the end of our fence that borders the property watching the new guy. He walked up to the fence and asked me. "will he bite?"

My answer was simply. "Not unless I tell him to, or you try hurting one of us."

So the guy jumped the fence and started playing and roughhousing with him.

After about five minutes he jumped back over and laughed. "He is just a big puppy. I bet he wouldn't do anything at all even if you told him to."

I just smiled and went on about my yard work.

About a half hour later he was walking past the fence and D.O.G was watching him. Head down, body long, just staring at him. The guy, knowing a little bout dogs drops his head and shows his teeth.

The pup didn't move, noting. So the guy jumps forward. See, he expected him to do what most dogs do, and retreat to the alpha and see what the alpha is going to do. Well within a fraction of a second he had closed the fifteen feet to the fence and is standing on his hind legs leaning on the fence, staring nose to nose with the guy.

The guy wasn't challenging him anymore. He just didn't move cause he was afraid the dog would go over the fence after him eyes as wide as dinner plates.

It was pretty comical.
My Uncle had two German shepards that were the same way. They would play with me and my cousins when we were little kids, and you couldn't find two nicer dogs.

They were trained attack dogs though and one day some guy came poking around the back of my uncles house. They jumped the 10ft. fence that was thier pen and tore the hell out of the guy.

He tried to sue, saying the dogs were vicious, but when we showed the court pictures of the 'vicious' dogs playing with a 5 year old the judge ruled in our favor. :thumbsup:

· love the UK envy the US
785 Posts
german shepherds are imo the best guard dogs in the world they dont just charge in gung ho .

· Registered
734 Posts
Really you know what would happen these days

Intruder breaks in
Wife calls cops
Intruder shoots first
you defend yourself against the intruder you shoot him
then you go to jail.

Happenes in my part of town
Not in states with the Castle Doctrine. I don't know if Ohio has it or not, but it protects the owner against any legal action if someone breaks into thier home.

G

·
my plan for an intruder.... I grab my 16 guade locked and loaded with buckshot, and sit at the top of my stairs... when he/she passes.... lights out!! I dont care if I can go to jail for it or not.... someone breaks in here... god bless them... It'll be the last thing they ever do.

· Registered
734 Posts

· Registered
553 Posts
Wouldnt even call 911. Grandpa allways said "aint nothing a shotgun and a couple of hogs cant take care of!":biggrin5:

· Registered
3,633 Posts
aw Bill. We have so little water some folks like to walk along the canals. Just leave 'em out of sight so the coyotes have a snack

Hey you are dern right. We get stuck with everything coming down stream from those canals. Don't you dare drop any more stuff in those.

There is a saying....Shoot, Shovel and shut up. :biggrin5:

· Registered
2,326 Posts
back in 2000 I was at the USPSA Nationals/IPSC Hemisphere Championship. I spent most of the week in a predominantly women squad. We got to trashing men. I jokingly said 'men, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em'. One girl asked 'why not?'. I said something about body disposal. One girl said, 'I have 100 acres of florida swamp full of gators. Getting rid of them is NO problem. We all got quiet. It was hard to tell if she was kidding.

· Registered
215 Posts
I'm going to say this from experience until it happens you have absolutely no clue what you are gunna do.It is one of the most intense and I will admit terrifying experiences you will ever face.And I'm all for protecting your family no matter what the cost me and the wife have a lil one on the way so if your coming into my house trying to rape and probably kill my wife and unborn child I will rip you limb from limb before I stuff you into the wood chipper.

I'll leave off with a final note I'm an Ex-Marine I've killed my fair share of people and believe me that feeling is something you never want to experience so kill only if necessary.

P.s. - sorry for the little ranting session I just had to get it off my chest.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
true, unless you have been there you do not know how you will act. That said, I have made up my mind long ago, mess with mine and I will, with my last breath, make you sorry you encountered me.

I may not perform in a manner that a prosecutor will see as justifiable but, I have responded gun in hand more than once. It was only recognizing that such force was not needed that kept me from firing. I may not be neat, or clean, or use the minimum rounds necessary but I will respond. It will be loud; it will be messy; I may not stay out of prison; I will protect mine.

PS, I was told by a Marine, there is no such thing as an ex-Marine.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.