National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
1) Wake up completely and be aware of the noises and surroundings.
2) Get my Mag-Lite and T-30 Japanese bayonet and head downstairs while my wife calls the cops
3) Clear all rooms on way to the children's room. We have a monitor in there for "just in case."
4) Force BG out of house and to the cops or deliver quick thrust upwards just under sternum.

5) In extreme situations and children are involved - HUNT THE MFer DOWN and see that he never bothers another child on God's green earth!

· Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Mike Barham said:
If you know there's an intruder in your house, why on God's green earth would you go looking for him? The intruder has practically every advantage at this point:

1. He's doing a hot burglary, so he's probably armed, keyed-up and full of adrenaline. You, on the other hand, just woke up.
2. His night vision is fully developed. You, on the other hand, just woke up.
3. He will hear you moving around and will stop moving while you bumble through the house in your pajamas. He will ambush you if he doesn't flee.
4. Once he takes you out of the fight, he will now have your gun plus his own weapons - all the better to wreak havoc on your family, who you have now left undefended, or at least on their own.

Call the cops and let them search the house. Stay put in your safe room and protect your family rather than trying to do a SWAT/fire team's job by yourself. There's no TV or stereo worth your life, is there?
Great plan if you do not worry about children being in their own room downstairs or at the other end of the house. I lived throught the Polly Klass abduction and killing when I lived in San Rafael in 1993. Richard Allen Davis was a murdering scum that had no remorse or second thoughts about the brutality of his actions. I realize he could have made it much worse had he stayed and hurt the other two girls or rest of family in the house. We were not far from where that took place and my good friends new the family well. As a matter of fact, I helped with the initial search. Once you experience this, you never consider a break in just a "burglary." If you make enough noise, the intruder will probably depart. If he does not, the police will not be near enough to protect the most important parts of your lives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.